Chapter 1

"Ky, come say hi to your auntie," I hear my mom yell from the living room. I sigh as I get up from my unmade bed and walk out of my room, down the short hallway into the living room. My home is a one story with a living room, kitchen, bathroom in the hall and master bedroom, and three small bedrooms.
When I walk in, I see my auntie Lucy sitting on the couch chatting happily with my mom. My mom and her relationship is beautiful, while when there are no visitors, our relationship is just broken. I don't get motherly or fatherly love. I get demands thrown at me left and right and glares from my parents if I don't do them once told to. My life always sucks.
"Hi Auntie Lucy," i say, walking over and hugging her tight. She hugs back equally as tight while standing and turning so I'm facing my mom. I can see my mom glaring at me over my aunt's shoulder, but I choose to ignore it.
I release her and step back, looking down at my socks.
"Ky, darling, I haven't seen you in forever," she says, emphasizing on the forever. I chuckle and smile a bit.
"You saw me last month," I state, thinking of when she came in last month. She smiles a bright smile and says, "that's too long ago."
"Ky, can you go buy me some ingredients for dinner? The money for it is in the jar," my mom says from the couch with a fake smile on her face, but her eyes are filled with anger; probably because I stole Auntie Lucy's attention.
"Um, okay," I say, going to the jar and grabbing the money. I head to the door and put on my shoes that were next to the door. I walk out into the hot weather while counting the cash. I'm too focused on the money that I don't see my father and end up bumping into him. I tighten my hand around the money, but end up falling on my ass.
"Watch it, would ya?!" my father spits out, glaring at me intensely. I look down and whimper quietly but I guessed he heard it and snickered. "You're such a baby. Grow some balls and toughen up!" he said sourly.
"I-I'm s-sorry," I say, hurt by his words. Especially when it was my father that said it to me. I see him sneer at me before he shoves past me and goes into the house, not caring about where I'm going.
I sigh and keep the tears that threaten to spill at bay. I walk out of the driveway and wander down the street.
I see a grey SUV driving slowly along the curb a bit behind me. The tint is too dark to see who is driving. I speed up my pace when I see it get closer. Then I hear another set of footsteps speed up as well. I can tell the person is after me so I break into a run. I hear the fast footsteps of the person running behind me speed up.
I see a turn just a foot away from me and run faster than I have ever ran in my 14 years of living. I was about to turn when I felt a muscular arm wrap around my waist but before I could scream, a cloth with some chemical on it was wrapped around my head, covering my nose and mouth. I tried to hold my breath, but my chest started burning from lack of oxygen and involuntarily took a deep breath. The chemical went into my mouth and nose and my vision started to get blurry.
"Don't worry, Baby Ky, we'll take care of you," I hear a deep voice whisper gently in my ear before everything went black.