Nightmares

"I get the right hand side" Malfoy declared while changing, this was weird to say the least for Harry, at first he had hated Slytherins and now they were undressing in front of him? It was very, very weird. Harry didn't feel comfortable changing in front of them, why would he? He and Malfoy were enemies, he didn't want another reason for Malfoy to pick on him. So he gathered some Pajamas from his chest and got changed in the bathroom and while he was in there he tried washing out the marks on his hand again, but to no avail.

"We don't bite you know...at least not on our good days Potter" Malfoy said when Harry entered again to which Harry gave him a disbelieving look.
"Oh don't look at me like that Potter, we're just trying to make you feel more comfortable" Harry couldn't help but laugh, Slytherins being nice? No chance. "Come one Potter, I need my beauty sleep no matter the vile thing sleeping beside me"
"I think you're talking about yourself Malfoy"
"Just go to bed both of you we have classes in the morning" Blaise said causing both bickering boys to shut up.

But Harry couldn't sleep, he knew he would get that nightmare again, and that would show a weakness to Malfoy who would let everyone else know, anyways he had told Hermionie they had stopped, she'd be furious if she found out. In an effort to stop these things happening he tried to stay up, the only problem was he was exhausted and soon his eyes slid shut of their own accord.

A long hall. He was in the ministry, gliding along the black tiled floors, looking for something. Something important. He was coming closer to the door, the black door, he could feel the tension, anticipation and excitement build, someone was going to die. He was going to kill them, he was going to steal their life through venom dripping fangs. He was nearly there, it was three feet away when there was shaking. "Potter! Wake up you idiot!"

Emerald green eyes stricken with fear opened in a split second and he jerked up in the bed, although it wasn't his it was Malfoys. His breath came in short and shallow gasps, his hands were clammy and his eyes flashing back the memories. He had never gotten this close to the door before, last week he was at least 10 feet away. Something bad was going to happen and soon. "What was that Potter? You were tossing and turning, you were mumbling something about killing someone!" Malfoy exclaimed, panic clear as crystal in his voice.
"Sorry" was all Harry could say as he laid back down again and pressed the heel of his hand hard into his scar which was burning. He tried closing his eyes but the images just came flashing back so he opened his eyes and all he could think about was the images he had just witnessed. "Go back to sleep Malfoy" Harry said quietly, still fully aware of Malfoy staring at him from the other side of the bed.
"What were you dreaming about Potter?" Malfoy asked, was it Harry's imagination or did it actually sound like he cared? Either way he couldn't exactly say Oh yeah I was just Nagini in the ministry plotting to kill someone. That wouldn't sound good for anyone to say so he replied with.
"Nothing"
"Didn't sound like nothing"
"Just go back to sle.."
"No!" Malfoy interjected "I want to know what's happening, you're in my house it's my responsibility even though I don't like it to take care of new comers and accept it or not you're a newcomer and a newcomer that needs help. Tell me what's wrong"
"No"
"Potter"
"Oh shut up Malfoy you're giving me a headache"
"No, and I'll not stop till you tell me" Malfoy stated firmly.
Annoyed, tired and haunted Harry turned his back to Malfoy and rubbed his eyes. Then there was a gentle hand on his shoulder, and a gentle voice "You can tell me what's wrong"
Harry sighed and spoke in barley a whisper "I'd rather not talk about it"

Malfoy gave his shoulder one last reassuring squeeze before saying "I get it you don't want to talk to a sworn enemy, but having nightmares, getting scars on your hand, running off and hiding those aren't exactly traits of a fully functioning wizard. So you obviously need help or at least support and I know you don't trust us Slytherins but we'll do what we can to help one of our kind."
There was a silence where Harry's mind was processing this, it seemed overwhelming but Harry hoped to Merlin that he was saying the truth.
"Thank you" was Harry's reply and it was in a small, genuine voice that made Malfoy's lips twitch involentary.