2: lo giuro

There is a moment in your life you can't breathe. You feel like it's a dream but you are wide awake and the terror is real. You want to scream or run, any time of movement or sound to let yourself know this is real, and it is really happening. Just because well, it's the "story of my life" . I heard three more shots, the shots seem to linger in the air for awhile then silence. Nothing. Not a zip. I slowed my breathing taking deep breaths in and out. I was currently leaning inside a locked handicapped stall afraid to face outside the bathroom doors. For a few seconds it felt like I was dreaming.

Okay girl. You got this. You're going to wake up now! Nothing, not even a peep. I could only hear my own unsteady breathing, I closed my mouth shut and started breathing through my nose. I rubbed my face hoping to wake up, this is all just a dream. But of course I wasn't that lucky.

The bathroom door swung open and in came cursing men and another man grunting in pain. I quickly got on my hands and knees to peak and see who these men were. I couldn't see anything except expensive shoes and a lot of blood dripping on the floor, they we're cursing and speaking in Italian I quickly jumped to my feet once I saw the man was opening stalls checking to see if there was anyone inside. I looked around the stall panicking, seeing if there was a way out, then mentally slapped myself after realizing most bathrooms don't have built in get away hatches. I bit my lip as the guy was at the one next to my stall. I stood on the bathroom toilet and prayed he would somehow not opened mine.

I waited for someone to open the stall and bust me. My eye were squeezed so tight i stopped listening after a few seconds i opened one eye noticing nothing. No talking no cursing in pain. Nothing. I waited a few more seconds before letting out a deep breath. I'm officially going crazy, As I started getting down from the toilet seat and my foot slipped making a large splash sound. I heard a yell in Italian and pounding on the door.

OH. Shit.

I mentally cursed at myself for slipping. I stood up all the way before the stall was kicked in all the way. Next thing you know I was being yanked by my hair and roughly thrown on the ground. I was at the feet of expensive shoes that was caked in blood. At first I didn't make eye contact, they yelled something harsh in Italian. After I never responded they yanked my hair pulling my head back to look at the man. I let out a loud groan.

"What bella? Your not happy to see me?" Luciano had a grin that almost reached his ears. He called off his men and helped me to my feet. I rubbed my head then flipped the bird to the one who was rough housing me.

"You beat women too? You guys should be ashamed of yourselves," I crossed my arms facing Luciano making them all laugh, even the guy who was bleeding out on the counter. My eyes flickered to him and all the blood loss. I slowly moved over towards the man touching his leg where the blood was leaking from. I ripped the hole a little bigger showing his wound, two bullet wounds holes were pouring out blood. I quickly tugged out my rag from the back of my pants and applied it to the wound.

"So what was your plan? Bring him here let him bleed out?" The men around me looked kinda shocked even Luciano looked slightly shocked but he quickly adjusted.

"Uh, we came here waiting for back up so we can get him to our personal house doctor." Luciano spoke up loosened his tie.

I quickly shook my head and replied, "How long?"

"At the least 20 minutes."

"He's lost too much blood, why not take him to the emergency-" Another man cut me off in the middle of my sentence.

"You're just a silly girl. What does silly American girl know?" His accent was a lot stronger than the other, he was also a lot older. I frown and wrinkled my nose. Silly? Silly American girl? Who does this man think he is? I narrowed my eye and crossed my arms taking a step towards the man not losing eye contact.