Chapter 12

OK, hey guys. AWRH was doing much better, but then crashed a  again, so I'm going to attempt to update more frequently-please don't hold me to that, if I don't, I have my reasons. Thank you ALL who have voted or commented, and for those who haven't, continue reading... Just remember to hit that beautiful orange button. :) Thanks guys, see you at the end of this chapter! THIS IS DEDICATED TO FLUFFYBUNNYLUVA! :D Everybody go to her page and tell her you love her, or else. The more "I LOVE YOU'S" I see, the more psyched I will be to write the next chapter. KK? The more psyched I am... The longer the chapters get...

P.S., feel free to get creative with the messages as long as it isn't inappro-pro. If it is, I'll block you. }:-( Gr, be scared. (I.E., "YOU ARE HAWT! DAYUM, LOVE YOU!"=INCORRECT. You have failed the ERB's. Sorry. "Aw, love you so much! You're just awesome!"=CORRECT. You have passed the midterm.----DON'T USE EITHER OF THESE! I'LL KNOW!)

VOTE!

~Ariel~

Ariel sat stiffly as a hunk of fish was placed on her gold leaf covered plate. She sniffed the air delicately, and crinkled her nose unhappily. The smell of fish was high  up as one of her least favorites. She leaned over to Lady de Harlequin apprehensively, and pointed to the salmon. "What is it?" Ariel mouthed.

Lady de Harlequin sniffed injuredly. "Salmon, of course."

Ariel let out a tiny breath of relief. At least it wasn't a tang, then she really wouldn't have been able to eat it. Ariel inhaled carefully, making sure she didn't breathe through her nose at all. Then, she poked it gently with her finger, and pulled off a piece. Gently placing it in her mouth, she held her breath. As the flavor grazed her tongue, Ariel gagged inwardly, nearly throwing up.

Why did it have to be fish? She wailed mentally. It was disgusting. For mermaids, eating a fish is something like eating a monkey or gorilla is for humans- repulsive, and distinctly like cannibalism.

Ariel stared at Eric, as he picked up a fork, and used it to scoop some salmon in his mouth. Why would you use a hair instrument for food, at a table, no less? She studied the fork, and contemplated combing out her hair with it.

A soft voice made her startle. "Miss Ariel, whatever are you doing?"

Ariel winced, and turned around to see Grimsby smiling. "You are aware forks are used for eating, correct?"

Ariel waved him off, and made a "Pfft" sound with her lips. He left, chuckling quietly at her complete "Well, duh," face.

Ariel poked at the salmon, noting it's pretty pink-ish color. She had never even seen a pink fish before. Was it even a saltwater creature? Ariel shrugged, and speared some green stuff with her fork. It was limp, and covered in a thin film of white dressing. Seeing her confusion, Lady de Harlequin smiled and leaned over. "That's salad, dear."

Ariel nodded, and shoveled it into her mouth. It was yummy, Ariel thought, and fresh-tasting. But then, it was nothing like seaweed.

Ariel let out a tiny sigh, realizing just how much she missed Atlantica.

 "Alright, dear?" Lady de Harlequin questioned. Ariel nodded, and swallowed the lump of greens coalescing in the back of her mouth. The Lady patted her back sympathetically.

"I know dear, the salad here is kind of disgusting."

Ariel laughed, and began choking on her food. Lady de Harlequin gasped, and slapped her back repeatedly, until a mushy green lump flew out of her mouth, and connected with Eric's forehead. It slid slowly down the bridge of his nose, leaving a small shiny trail of green things as it went.

Lady de Harlequin began to laugh, and covered her mouth politely. "Mmm, coughing attack, excuse me!" she managed to wheeze before leaving the room.

Eric slowly raised his hand to his forehead, and quickly whipped it away when it touched the salad. His eyes crossed as he tried to locate the leaves on his face, and Grimsby handed him a napkin. "You'll be needing this, I presume."

Eric nodded, and Ariel chuckled. When he was finished, he put the towel down gently. Ariel pushed her lips to one side to reveal her teeth, and scrunched her eyes as if to say "Sorry."

Eric laughed. "I just got served."

<Ursula>

5 Hours Earlier

Ursula smiled sardonically as Ariel sank to the floor. She waved her hand over her unconscious figure, and Ariel slowly dissolved. Ursula had sent her to Castle Beach, home of none other than her next target.

She carefully threaded the curling shell onto a thin silver chain, and looped it around her neck. With the shell, a magical guise fell over Ursula. Soon, a slim girl with long, wavy brown hair and olive colored skin stood in Ursula's  place. Two eels swam up to her, tails flicking back and forth maliciously.

Their gray-green bodies moved in sync, shimmering ominously in the low-light. Ursula smiled at the eel on the left, and his bi-colored eyes twinkled. The yellow one flicked around in its socket, while the white one just stayed in place. The other eel was a mirror copy of Flotsam, his malevolent twin.

"Whatchu need boss?" Flotsam asked, sounding similar to none other than Al Capone.

She gave them a grim look. "Do anything you can to stop Ariel."

The two eels bobbed and knotted themselves together, cackling gleefully at the thought of a new job.

}Flotsam{

Flotsam's body wove back and forth between the seaweed, and the whimpers of his dull-witted brother Jetsam echoed behind him.

"Hurry up, idiot!" he snapped irritably.

Jetsam whipped his tail around nervously. "I'm trying, I'm trying! The seaweed is just so sticky!"

Flotsam turnerd around to glare at his brother, focusing his yellow eye on the wiggling green eel. "Shut up."

"Okay, Flotsam!"

"I said shut up!"

Jetsam giggled. "You woke up on the wrong side of the seabed..."

"Be quiet, Jetsam!" Flotsam growled.

"Whatever... Grouchasouras."

"What did you just call me?" Flotsam snapped.

"Nothing, Grumpelstiltskin," Jetsam cackled.

Flotsam scowled, and slapped his brother with the back of his tail.

"You're such a meaniepants, Flotsam."

Flotsam continued scowling, and hissed "Shut up dillbrain!"

Jetsam was silent.

"Jetsam?" Flotsam heard sniffling, but no response.

"Jetsam? Jetty?"

"Leave me alone you jerk!"

Flotsam sighed as he used his body to squeeze around rocks, heading for the surface. This was going to be a long trip.

___________

Heehee, I thought I got pretty darn creative with the names there. Grumpelstiltskin is my personal favorite... I will have to remember that. Hope you enjoyed this! I love you all (and you love fluffybunnyluva, remember? COMMENT ON THAT! DO IT!)

Love and chocolate,

Jetsam... Heehee

P.S. The eels Flotsam and Jetsam are pretty much comedic relief, so tell me what you thought about them.