Chapter 9

Chapter 9--- HELLOOOO PEOPLES! What's up? How was your day? Whats that? Awesome? Well, guess what... IT JUST GOT BETTER! This is an update.... Shhh! Just kidding, this is no secret, go tell all of your wattpad friends that I updated! WOOOO! Let's be happy together! Low 900's! Awwwwe-some! Gonna break 1000 soon, I hope! Aren't we, guys? Well, the more you vote... The faster

we get to that point...

--------

^Eric^

Eric took Ariel's hand gently, curling his fingers over her cream colored ones. He allowed himself a tiny smile when her hand curved around his loosely. Then, Eric looked Ariel up and down. She would need a new dress, he noted. Those shorts would attract to much attention, and it would not only give Eric a bad rep, it would gain Ariel unwanted media.

The path gradually faded, and Salmon, Eric, and Ariel stood on a rocky terrace. A tall, creamy white castle bloomed from the ground. Vines were intertwined with the gleaming towers. Small, delicate flowers sprouted from tiny hairline cracks in the wall, peeking their heads out to say hello.

It overlooked a small, friendly looking group of villages, houses grouped together like old friends.

A low staircase wound it's way up to the swooping golden arch, in which a tall thin man was standing. A scruffy looking dog sat at his heels, abundant fur falling in front of his face.

Ariel took this all in, a gasp escaping her lips. It floated upwards like a bubble, silver and crystalline. The castle was nothing short of beautiful, turrets and balconies weaving through it's upper floors in a constant puzzle.

Eric smiled at Ariel. "Grimsby will show you too your room, Lolita will help you get dressed. She'll also show you where the dining room is."

~Ariel~

Ariel nodded, and Grimsby took her elbow gently. "Follow me madam..."

He trailed off, not knowing what her name was. Ariel just shrugged, and pointed to her throat. "Just as well," Grimsby sighed. "I won't have to run as much, will I? More time for Lolita."

Ariel raised an inquisitive eyebrow, as if to say "Are you getting lady time?"

Grimsby nodded as he lead her up a winding  "Oh yes, Lolita is quite foxy... I have yet to get across that I find her rather pretty."

Ariel let out an inward "Aw..." and found that his clipped british accent made it all sound very posh and adorable. She made kissy faces at Grimsby, and pinched his cheeks.

Grimsby swatted her hands away. "Insolent child! Another knee high pinching my face... I suppose you want cookies, too?"

Ariel nodded excitedly, and Grimsby paused outside of a deep burgundy door. "This is your room... From what has been implied from young Simon Moole, you will enjoy this room."

He pulled a giant key ring, and counted the silver slivers of metal. "123... 567... 344... AH! Here we are, 231." He slipped a slender key into the hole, marked with an aqua blue circle.

A click snapped through the air, and the door swung open. revealing something that looked like...

Home.

The bed spread was a soft, easy-on-the-eyes shade of periwinkle, and a sea foam colored bed sheet perked out from beneath it. The canopy on the bed was sheer, and white. A light hanging from the middle of the room threw an aquamarine glow around the room. Tiny silver seashells weaved in and out of the white fabric stretched across an arcing window, one that opened up and lead out to her own balcony.

Ariel grabbed the glass door, and swung it open. She leaned on the mahogany railing, tracing her hand on it absently. She could see the waves crashing onto the shore far below, and a pang of homesickness pinged inside her stomach.

I miss home, she though, recalling the Collective A with an unnatural fondness. She began to wonder if they were worrying about her. She missed Antoinette's feisty attitude, and Adrienne's spot on ability to make Ariel laugh.

The pain was so bad, she could almost feel it.

Something hit her in the head sharply, and Ariel blinked in surprise. She was really going insane. The homesickness was driving her nuts.

Then, it hit her head again, and Ariel decided she wasn't imagining it. She leaned over the railing, and looked around. A shock of reddish hair caught her eye, and Ariel gasped.

Sebastian? How did he have legs?

He cocked his arm back, about to hurl another rock. Ariel waved her arms around madly, trying to get him to stop.

He looked up. "HI ARIEL!"

"Shut UP, idiot!" she wanted to hiss at him. That backfired.

He really wasn't that far down, maybe a story or two. He began to run madly at the wall, and Ariel opened her mouth to tell him to stop. But at the last moment, he launched himself into the air, pulling himself onto a vine. Ariel winced inwardly, knowing that he would have to get past a large window. What if someone saw?

He dragged himself up slowly, accidentally kicking a  couple pebbles out of place.

Come on, Ariel thought, Don't get caught please!

^Eric^

Eric stood in the dining room, helping Grimsby set the long dining table. A heavy white cloth had been thrown over top, and Eric set a couple forks down next to a round, silver plate.

Suddenly, a loud clanging made him whip around and face the window. Seeing nothing but a few vines, he turned around again.

Clang, crash!

Eric turned around again, and could've sworn he saw a flash of flesh disappear above the window. Shaking his head, he turned around, and continued setting spoons next to the large soup tureens.

~Ariel~

Sebastian hoisted himself up, and onto the balcony. His feet got caught on the banister, and he dipped forward, falling on his face.

"Ow..."

She smirked, and pulled him up, staggering backwards at the unexpected weight. He grinned. "Hey, Ari. Got your note, and I figured you might need my help... Cause, you know, I just think you're that cool."

Ariel gave herself a face palm, and was about to do the same thing when a voice yelled "Ariel? Are you in there?"

Ariel made shooing motions with her hands, and Sebastian swung back beneath the balcony.

She then peeked through the door, and saw that it was Lolita. "What're you doing out there, silly?"

Ariel shrugged, trying to look nonchalant.

Lolita looked suspicious. "OK, but you can tell your friend to get back on the balcony- It can't be fun hanging onto the vines, while we're just yapping, amiga."

How did she know?