"I can't it could be my mom," I push him away making him groan and move off of me.

I blow out a breath and grab my phone which flashes with the name Nikki.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, just wanted to let you know that Colten definitely broke my nose," she growls and I hear Jackson's voice in the background.

"You're serious?" I gasp. "Should I come over?"

"No, no I'm fine. I just wanted you to know before I come to school tomorrow with a swollen nose," she explains.

I sigh. Yes Colten has always been super mean to Nikki for some unknown reason, but he's never - broken anything on her.

Running a hand through my hair I turn to Nathan for a second before talking into the phone.

"Right, just let me know if you need anything," I frown.

"Sure thing. See you later."

"Bye," I end the call.

"Was that Nikki?" Nathan sits up.

"Yeah, Colten broke her nose," I tell him.

"Is she okay besides that?" He asks and I nod unable to move as he presses his lips to mine.

"I-It's getting late, you should probably get going before my mom comes home."

A frown covers his face at that before he sighs and gets off the bed, going to find his shirt.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow," he kisses my forehead and leaves my room.

I groan and plop down on my bed.

Nathan is a good guy, really he is, but I just can't see myself loving him and being with him in that way.

Maybe my feelings will change over time, maybe they won't. For now, though, I'm going to try and slow things down so I won't get into something that I can't get out of.

The next morning everything goes the same. Nathan picks me up and we wait by the school for Nikki.

Nathan and I haven't talked much the whole car ride here and I'm starting to wonder if he's mad at me for ditching him last night.

"Are you mad or something?" I turn to face him.

"No, why would I be mad?" He asks with little emotion.

"You know," I say, but he raises his eyebrow in question. "Because I kind of cockblocked you last night."

Realization crosses his face as he stares at me.

"I'm not mad about that. I'm a little sexually frustrated," he smiles slightly. "But I'm not mad. I could never be mad at you for something like that."

I release the breath I didn't know that I was holding and stand on my tip-toes, pressing a kiss to his soft lips.

"Thank goodness," I whisper against his mouth and he places his hands on my hips to press me closer to him.

"Be careful!" I hear Jackson yell and break away from Nathan to look his way.

The first thing I notice is Nikki's nose, which is kind of rude, but it is completely swollen and purple.

I gasp unconsciously when she gets closer making her roll her eyes.

"Are you okay?" I analyze her nose, but that's not even what I'm asking about.

I want to know if she's okay because Colten did this to her.