I Could Kiss You(Part 1)

(A/N: hehehe, the pic is great no? A bit out of context, but I didn't find much else for this chapter. Contact me if you want the source. :D)

We headed back to the house, warmed from the sauna, and the night falling quickly. Sokka and Suki walked hand in hand, while Toph shuffled behind them, reacting to everything they said with a sarcastic remark. 

Aang walked next to me, twirling his staff every now and then, but in a tired manner. 

Iroh and Zuko walked behind us. Zuko had crossed his arms stubbornly, his new robe dragging along the ground. 

I had to smile at the picture. 

Momo flew over our heads as we got closer to the house and landed on Aang's shoulder, chattering. 

"Aang, did you feed Appa?" I asked, turning to the Avatar. 

He looked up, "Yeah. Why?" 

"I was just asking." 

Sokka opened the door for all of us, and we shuffled in. 

Toph yawned, throwing herself down on the stone floor as Zuko and Aang began lighting the lanterns around the house, "I'm going to sleep, it's late." 

"You're right Toph." I yawned too, and stretched my arms over my head, "I'm going to finish washing the dishes then tuck in. Anyone with me?" 

Sokka raised his hand, "Me, however-" he glanced around at us, "It's my day off tomorrow, so I'm sleeping in." 

I blew out a stray hair in front of my face, "We all knew that Sokka."

"I'm just saying." Sokka picked up a lantern Zuko had just lit. 

Suki gave my brother a light punch, and he rubbed his shoulder, "Hey!"

"Yeah Katara, maybe you could help us paint tomorrow." Toph had closed her eyes and had her hands behind her head, "Today was a disaster." 

Everyone lounged around the main room as I grabbed Suki to help me finish washing the dishes we had used for dinner. 

I glanced over at Iroh a few times, hoping to catch his glance. I still had his gift for Zuko in my pocket. I hoped he hadn't forgotten. 

I waterbended some liquid into Suki's bowl for her to clean, then picked up a few dishes to dry. Glancing over, I saw that Iroh had given Zuko some sort of blanket. 

Zuko protested only once before Iroh took him to the door and shoved him out. The fire-lord was seen then walking sullenly towards the yard. 

"What happened?" I asked the group, walking over. 

Uncle Iroh stood up, smiling, "I'm going to need some tea if you don't mind." 

Everyone watched curiously as Uncle Iroh took things out from the kitchen to bring to Zuko outside. 

I frowned. Something was definitely up. Unless Zuko was sleeping out there. 

Toph was picking her toes by the door as Iroh came in for the last time, a smile on his face. 

I quickly took him aside before he could interact with anyone else, "Excuse me, but if you want-" I revealed the gift he had gotten Zuko, "I've been hiding it all day, if you want to give it to him." 

Iroh tilted his head, "Thank you Katara." his deep voice rumbled, making me feel warm, "It is much appreciated. However, I would like you to keep it for the time being." 

He paused, "Actually, would you mind doing me a small favor?" 

"Uh, sure." I straightened, "I'd be happy to." I gave him a smile. 

(A/N: Sorry this was a weird transition, next part will be much more interesting. ;D)