21st Chapter ♣ This Isn't So Bad

"Welcome to the Celestial Twelve!"

Chapter Twenty-One This Isn't So Bad

"First," Charles shoved a long list of chores in Valeriana's hands. "You need to dust all the surfaces in the whole dormitory. Second, we expect you to clean the storage room and place everything in proper order. Third, put away the old carpet in the hallway and sweep away all the dirt under it, then roll the new carpet which you can find in the storage room. Fourth, remove all the spider webs. Five, wipe all the portraits in the dormitory clean and don't leave a spot of dirt."

The poor girl almost fainted as she listened to Charles enumerate all the tasks being expected of her to accomplish. She stared wearily down at the long list of chores he wrote down for her and sobbed quietly to herself.

"You expect me to do all of this?"

"We expect nothing less." Charles answered. "Though that list goes on, you'll be happy to hear that you aren't required to finish all of that today. Those are the main tasks you need to finish this week. If you don't, Corvan and I agreed we'll kick you out."

"Ha . . ." She laughed. "I'll be happy to go back to my first room."

"Unfortunately, that place is back to being a dump."

When he broke the news, it took all of the girl's willpower not to scream. "No freaking way! I cleaned that up for hours!"

Valeriana felt blood rushing to her brain. She was so pissed off getting told to do this and to do that. The way they acted was getting on her nerves. They seemed to be enjoying it, though.

"They're probably used to have someone serving them." She rolled her eyes.

She irritably washed the dishes in the sink. She didn't even know that the Celestial Twelve possessed an incredible building to themselves. When Brindon said there was a 'room' for their meetings, he probably meant to say that it was the lobby where everyone in the circle mostly hung out. Other than that, they had their own kitchen, den, and all sorts of rooms that satisfy their own hobbies. They even have their own yard where they train for their individual skills and luxurious rooms to sleep in.

Still, she didn't get the reason why she had to do everything.

"Valeriana! I need the new installment for this series!"

"Can you get another glass of juice for me, please?!"

"Damn. My. Life." She grumbled indignantly.

When she was dismissed, she was already worn out. Tamara showed her the way to her new room and patted her shoulder.

"Enjoy what you're about to see." Tamara grinned. "You deserve it."

As she was about to leave, she seemed to have remembered something and turned back to tell her. "By the way, the whole floor is yours."

"The whole what?!"

She then left her standing in front of the door to the room in the floor that was apparently supposed to be hers.

Sighing, Valeriana clamped a heavy hand around the knob of the door and turned it. Carefully pushing it open, she stepped inside with her eyes on the ground. She lifted her gaze and felt her jaw dropping at the sight. She quietly closed the door behind her before letting her eyes feast on the view.

"This may not be a bad idea after all." She muttered, dazed.

Valeriana removed her boots and placed them in the shoe-rack by the door. The floor was carpeted so she figured she needn't wear any shoes inside. The floor was fluffy and was a bit ticklish on the soles of her feet, which made her giggle. The first thing that caught her eye was the bed with four posts. The bed was made and the crimson sheets looked simply silky. Squealing like a little girl, she ran towards it and jumped, doing the 'superman' pose in the process.