Chapter 1

Namjoon pov

"Namjoon ah, Come down for lunch," My mother called out.

"I'll be right there!" I answered and quickly put on my clothes. I went down to the dinning room.

"Omma, I'm going out again. I'll probably be back home at about 7 pm." I started eating the delicious food my mum cooked for me.

"Why are you always out with your friends? Make sure you don't stay out till late at night. Have you done your homework?"

"I don't have any homework today. I'll go first then," I put on my snapback and headed out.

Everyday, it's the same routine. Waking up early, going to school, come back from school, finishing up homework and going out to hang out with my friends. Well, truthfully, I am hanging out with my friends but not as in playing sports like ordinary boy teens would do. We do something interesting together. We would always go to the underground and have rap battles. I couldn't tell my parents about rapping because I feel like they would freak out. 'Being a rapper is a bad influence' they would say.

I watched the rap battles and paid attention to the lyrics. Underground is where I felt alive. At first, I didn't really know what I wanted to be when I grow up. My father would say, 'Namjoon ah, it's okay if you don't know what to be when you grow up. Your goal now is to achieve good grades in school then you have a variety of options to choose from later on,' I studied hard every single day and did my best in every test and exam. I think I finally realize my passion for music.

"Next contestant!" I watched the rap battle between a guy and a person with a mask, wearing red converse highs, with a pair of jeans and a plain white tee. The person's body looked so feminine, but why would a girl be here right? When the person started rapping, everybody was shocked because it was a girl.

Surprisingly, she was really really good. She got rid of the stereotype 'Girls can't rap' completely. I was waiting for her to open her mask so that I can see her face but some random guy came up to me.

"Excuse me, could you come here for a moment?"

"Your underground name is Runcha Randa?"

"Yes. I'm sorry but do I know you?"

"Ah, I'm sorry for not introducing myself. I'm Mr. Bang Si Hyuk. I can see your passion in rapping and I would like to recruit you. Would you like to produce music and become a professional rapper?"

I hesitated before answering," I'm Kim Nam Joon. May I ask what company you are from? I'm sorry it's just that I want to check if this is true, making sure it's not a scandal..."

"I'm the owner of Bighit entertainment. And no, this is not a scandal. If you don't mind, can I talk to your parents and maybe we can discuss about this?"

"Umm... yeah sure," I went home with him and made sure I had my phone in my hand, ready to call the police in case anything happens.

"Omma! I'm home! I brought a guest,"

"Oh hello! Please, come and take a sit," My mum welcomed him.

"Hello, my name is Bang Si Hyuk and I would like to talk about your son's future," He introduced himself. "I've been watching your son rapping underground for quite some time and I would like to work and help him to become a professional rapper. What are your thoughts on this?"

My parents kept quiet, as they were confused about what's happening. "Omma, Appa, actually, I have been going underground to rap and I realized that I want to be someone who makes music when I grow up. I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. I was afraid that you wouldn't support my dream. Mr Bang Si Hyuk has offered me this opportunity and I would like to accept it."

"If that is what you really want then go for it," My mum smiled at me. "But, being a celebrity, you have to cope with all kinds of things, schedules, fame and not to mention the haters too. Will you be alright?" I nodded at my parents.

My mum nodded." Okay then, but, what about school?"

"Ah, you don't have to worry about that Mr and Mrs Kim. He would still be attending school but there will be slight changes. His exams might be postponed due to his schedules. Here's my number, call me when you have decided." He passed me a piece of paper.

"Namjoon ah, are you sure you want to do this?" My mom asked after Mr Bang Si Hyuk had left.

I nodded. "I'll try my best to make you proud!"

"Are you sure you can cope with school and music? With fame, there will be haters," My dad advised me.

"I'll crush the haters. I believe I can cope with both music and school."

"We'll support you no matter what," My mum smiled at me and my dad patted me on the shoulder.

That night, I thought about the conversation I had earlier with Mr. Bang Si Hyuk and my parents. I dreamt about how I would be when I'll be making my own music, having my own fans and people appreciating my music. I felt the excitement and I can't wait for it to become reality.

A few years after he became a trainee

Due to all the ups and downs I've faced in the past few years, my dream was finally going to come true. I met 6 amazing people and they are going to be my brothers for a very long time.

"I think you all have waited long enough. You are all finally going to make your debut. Namjoon, your stage name is Rap Monster, SeokJin-Jin, Yoongi-Suga, Hoseok-J-hope and Taehyung, V. Jimin and Jungkook, you will be using your birth name. You will be working together as a team under the name 'Bangtansonyeondan' short-formed as Bangtan, BTS. Your English name would be Bulletproof Boy Scouts. I'll be looking forward to all your activities as a group. That's all. You're dismissed."

All seven of us were smiling happily. The time is finally here. All those hardwork is going to be paid off.

"I can't believe our debut stage is near. Let's do our best!" Jimin exclaimed.

"Guys, remember, after we debut, we will have to overcome even more obstacles. So let's stay strong and,"

"DESTROY THE MUSIC WORLD!!!!" I shouted, cutting in Yoongi Hyung's words.

"YASS!!" All of us cheered.

We were all suddenly energized and started practicing diligently.

All of us have been waiting for this day. We put our hands together.

"BANGTAN BANGTAN BANG BANG TAN!" We shouted full of energy.

13/06/13- The day our music career as a group started.