The car ride is quiet, save for the music playing softly through the speakers. Though it's comfortable, I don't feel the need to talk and I can tell Jer doesn't feel the need either. It's calming.

However, when we finally pass a sign declaring that we've come into the city next to our small town, I begin to become even more curious as to what Jer has planned. So I decide to break the calming silence, despite the fact that I know he's probably not going to tell me.

"So, where are we going?" I question, looking around at the bustling city. It's far bigger than our own town, much more populated with more stuff to do, large building and skyscrapers. It's not that our town is small, it's just more of a medium size. Not too large but not small in the least. So it does have things to do, and a couple thousand people. But it doesn't have an incredibly large range of things to do.

"Not gonna tell you, if I did it wouldn't be a very good surprise." Jer replies with a smirk and I sigh but I nod anyway. I decide to stay quiet, but my brain apparently has other plans because I don't stay silent.

"Are we going somewhere really nice?" I ask but since Jer doesn't seem to be dressed in formal clothes, rather he's wearing a plain white v-neck, and a leather jacket with gray jeans, I assume we're not going to a classy restaurant.

"Nothing fancy," he assures before taking an exit onto a road pegged Chester. He drives down the road a bit, making a few turns until he finally parks in a parking lot full of other cars. I glance around to see if I could find a sign for the restaurant but I don't see any so instead I just get out of the car. I meet Jer at the back of the car and he takes my hand before clicking my car's remote to lock it.

We walk into the restaurant, that isn't fancy like Jer had previously assured me of. It's just a small chain store with warm orange walls, multiple paintings, and a measly four couples. The place reminds me of a smaller, homier version of a Denny's. The smell of food is also quite potent, meats mixed with bastes and garlic, with a hint of fresh fish.

Jer leads me to the podium where a hostess is waiting. She glances up at our appearance and smiles brightly.

"Hello there, how can I help you?" she greets brightly, her bright blue eyes shining brightly.

"I have a reservation for two, under Cole." Jer responds and her blue eyes skim the list before nodding, making her blonde curls bounce a bit.

"Of course, you're seated right over here." She takes two menus and leads us through the less than crowded restaurant to an empty table for two. She sets the menus down in front of us while we each take our seats and after taking our drink order, leaves us alone.

It's silent for a minute while we look over our menus. While I'm scanning the dishes, I can't help but thank God for Jer bringing me to a restaurant where the menu isn't in some different language like I've seen happen in movies. That would be so awkward, trying to order something I can't even pronounce. I shake those thoughts away though and instead decide on some kind of steak that sounds good.

I fold my menu after deciding and Jer does the same just as the waitress arrives with our drinks. We both order and she assures us our food will be here soon before walking away with our menus. I take a sip of my water, watching Jer as he looks at his hand, twisting one of his rings around his fingers.

"What are you going to do about Ian?" he finally asks, looking up to meet my eyes with his gold ones. I swallow hard at that, biting my lip as I think about Ian. I haven't talked to him since he got mad at me, not that I've tried to talk to him. It's not that I don't want to talk to him, to try to get him back, but I'm honestly just scared that he's going to yell at me again. And I know that makes me a coward, but I can't help it.