Chapter 107: We Broke Up (part 2)

Start from the beginning

Mark puts a cup in front of me, and I thanked him. He sat next to me.

We drowned our drinks slowly and we did not say anything for a few minutes.

"Hee Young.... I am sorry," Mark finally breaks the silence, saying the sentence like he really meant it.

He looked at me, giving me this unreadable look, and he pressed my fingers.

I am sorry.

Of course- he apologised. Again. We just kept on apologising to each other because we just kept on hurting each other over and over again. We did it because we are tired of explaining things, explaining ourselves. We grew tired of arguments. That is why we apologised.

I feel sick of it.

But looking into his eyes, all I could do was smiling and nodding, "Me too. I did this. I caused this,"

Mark shook his head, "No, it is not your fault completely, but-"

"Oppa, stop. Stop defending me because you love me. This is the truth. I cause troubles here and there. I need to apologise. I made you suffer. I made GOT7.... become like this. You should allow me to apologise," I insisted and explained in a dominant tone.

Mark seemed to be surprised again on how I said that to him, but then his gaze relaxed again.

"I shouldn't push you away when you need me the most," He looked to the front.

"And you should find yourself- from now on," I replied, "You don't need distractions like me anymore?"

He looked at me quickly, staring at me in disbelief, "Honestly....  You think you are a distraction?"

I stayed quiet.

"You keep me on the ground," He continued, "If only you realise how much I feel at ease whenever you are around. Even right now- I feel so happy,"

His words never felt more empty than right now.

He said to me, "Let's never do this anymore, okay?"

I nodded. Yes, let's never do this anymore. Let's never hurt each other ever again. Let's stop.

We continued having our coffee, and Mark began to ramble around about how he felt after Skype-ing with his father, and the look JB gave him when he came back to the dorm just now.

"He looked so pissed- and he refused to talk to us, which is really strange," Mark commented, "He was never like this,"

I rolled my eyes, "I have no idea why JB oppa is like that..."

Mark continued to say things and I just simply stare at him while nodding once in a while. 

"What?" Mark finally asked after he realised that I've been staring at him the whole time.

I smiled, "Nothing. I just realise that.. I missed you too. A lot. All the time,"

He slowly smiled.

"I even missed you when you're here. When I can touch you," I pulled out a finger to touch his cheeks and he grinned while taking his drink.

Mark licked his lips after drowning his coffee, and I pressed my fingers against my coffee cup.

"It's really amazing... and funny at the same time," I still pressed my fingers against my coffee cup.

He looked up at me, smiling, "What is?"

I held my own emotions within, "That... we always faced each other this close. But in reality, we are always so far away from each other,"

Mark's smile disappeared from his face. He took my hand into his, "What's wrong with you?"