I rubbed my eyes, stumbling out of our bed. I checked the bathroom, but Andy was no where in sight.

I ran down the stairs, surprised to see that all the lights were off. I stepped in the living room, and everyone suddenly jumped out from their hiding places.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Everyone shouted, throwing a few balloons in the air. Andy stood in the center, smiling at me. Good, he's smiling, and ALIVE.

"Thank you guys! And Andy, you scared the shit out of me! I didn't know where you went!"

"Sorry Ash.." He smirked, running into my arms. I spun him around, admiring his beautiful features.

I set him down, glancing at all the people gathered the living room. I saw Jake and CC, my old friend Jinxx and his girlfriend Sammi (fuck, I haven't seen them in ages), and my middle school buddies Renee and Emma. Oh my god, I haven't seen them in forever!

I squealed, attacking both of them in a hug. "I've missed you all so much!"

"We've missed you too Ashley." Renne smiled. I can't believe they're here.

"I can't believe it's you! I'm so glad Andy called us." Emma said.

"You called them Andy?" I beamed at him, my love for him growing stronger every second.

"Yeah, I remembered you mentioning them, so I figured I would try and get a hold them." Andy smiled.

"Thank you blue eyes!" I smiled, attacking him in another hug.

Jinxx coughed loudly, and Sammi playfully slapped his thigh.

"You really think I could forget about you Jinxx?" I laughed, hugging him and Sammi. This is great, I've seemed to have forgotten about..oh.

"Present time!" Andy squealed. Everyone sat down in various places, pulling out gifts. Wow, I really wasn't expecting all this.

Andy joined me on the sofa. I pulled him into my lap, wrapping my arms around his waist. I rubbed his stomach lightly, the baby bump slightly larger.

All of the sudden, I heard a strange ringing noise inside my head. No one else noticed, it's weird. I heard the sound of someone mumbling, and slowly, the sounds became more crisp and clear.

It was Andy's voice. "I'm so glad this worked out. Ash is gonna love his present."

I looked over at Andy, but his lips weren't moving.

"Andy did you say something?"

"No.." He said, confused.

What the hell?

"Oh..."

Jake and CC handed me their present, and I tore open the wrapping paper. Inside was a bunch of guitar picks and a bass tuner.

What? I love to play the bass but I haven't been able to play since my dad destroyed my bass a while ago.

"Uh..thanks guys."

CC giggled in excitement, and Jake shused him. Next was Jinxx and Sammi's present. It was a gift card to Spencer's, perfect. Now I can get some stuff for Andy and I.

I giggled, thanking them.

"Yes! Now Ash and I can have some fun. If I wasn't a fertile I would fuck him so hard.."

What? There was Andy's voice again! What the hell, why aren't his lips moving!

"You want to fuck me Andy?"

Shit, did I really just say that out loud?

Everyone looked at me in shock, and Andy's face turned bright red.

"Uh.. how did you hear that Ash?"

"Where you thinking that Andy?"

He nodded, his cheeks turning even redder. Suddenly, I had an idea.

"Andy, think something else."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

"Okay.."

He turned to face me, and I heard his voice once again, his lips still. "What the hell is going on?"

"You thought, "what the hell is going on."

"Holy shit." Andy said, his mouth hanging open.

Oh my god, how did I forget? Today's my birthday, as in the day I get my super power. I guess I can read minds!

"I can...I can read your mind."

"What the hell is going on?" Jinxx asked, confused.

Andy took a deep breath before explaining everything about my super power, the gracium, Taylor, all that shit. By the time he was done, everyone's mouths were hanging open.

"I don't know what to say.." Emma said.

"We're here to help Ashley.." Jake said.

"Thanks, now let's just get back to celebrating, I just want to forget about all that."

Andy leaned up against me, and I could here his thoughts once again."Fucking bitch Taylor. Go rot in hell."

I'm glad he cares about me, but seriously, how do you turn this thing off?

Renne and Emma handed me their present, which turned out to be a scrapbook full of pictures of us from middle school. Those days were great- my mom was still alive and my dad still had his mind. Not that my life isn't great now, I've got Andy.

"Thank you! This is great!"

I flipped through the book, smiling at all the memories.

Last was Andy's present.

He got up, telling me to close my eyes. I did as he said. After a minute or so, he told me to open them again.

I slowly opened them, and I couldn't believe what he got for me.

Right in front of me, was a shiny, new bass. It was all my favorite colors, and it had the word "Outlaw" engraved on the front.

I couldn't believe this, this was the best gift ever!

"Thank you so much Andy!!" I squealed, attacking him to ground, kissing his lips with all the passion in me. I could feel him smiling against my lips, kissing me back. He slipped his tongue in my mouth, and I accidentally moaned a little louder than I meant to.

"Let's not get too sexual here." Jake said.

I pulled away slightly, admiring Andy's bright blue orbs. I'm so lucky, I have the best mate ever. He's helped me forget about all my worries.

"Oh please Jake. You and CC can't go a day without fucking." I said, sitting up slightly.

CC blushed, he knew it was true.

I admired my new bass, Andy knows me so well!

"Thank you And. It's perfect!"

"You're welcome Ash."

For the next few hours, I just talked with my wonderful mate and friends. It felt great just to talk, to seem like a normal vampire.

A normal vampire who can read minds.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I shiver ran down my spine, and my mind started raising. Why am I scared of a knock on the door? I really don't know...

I glanced at Andy, and he immediately knew something was wrong.

It's him. I just know it.

"Guys, we need to get out of here!" Andy told everyone.

"Wait why?" Sammi asked, confused.

Then, all the power cut out.

All I can see is darkness.