Chapter Three

After today's eventful scenes, it was finally time to attend the kingdom ball. As Iah made her way to the grand hall, she spotted her mother and father standing in the middle of it greeting the guests. Her mother was wearing an extravagant golden sequin dress that hugged her body very tightly and swept the floor with its grace. Its half shoulder look gave her a more youthful look. All while her father was wearing his distinctive navy blue royal attire, fit for a king hosting a ball. He had a golden sash draped around his right shoulder with many badges in recognition of winning many gruesome battles during his younger days. They both were wearing their crowns as for Iah, she explicitly decided to skip out on that specific detail.

"Iah, come greet the guests!"  Her mother waved over to her.

"Sir Jairo, I hope you remember my daughter, Iah Mizuki?" Her mother turned to a short stubby bald old man who had a very round pudgy face that was covered by his monocle and mustache which incidentally also took up half his face.

"Nice to meet you sir." Iah bowed to him in a polite manner.

"Ahh yes, I remember her when she was a wee child. Oh how times have come and gone. You probably do not remember me much, Jairo Zephyr to serve you." his very deep rambunctious laugh was so strong, She felt it's vibration waves resonating onto her chest.

"You are now 17 years of age correct?" He continued.

"I just turned 18 last month sir."

"Oh, that is correct! In the major countries you are crowned the moment you are of age!"

"Yes, sir. "

"You are just the same age as both of my children. Oh yes, we are expecting great things from you as well, young one. Make us proud, we in the kingdom of Airee will support you and the kingdom of Lundai all the way."

"Thank you sir, I will try my best sir." Iah bowed to him once more. Just at that moment, the whole ball room that was full of conversations became silent.

Everyone's gaze directed towards the entrance of the ball room. The king of Solis arrived with his wife next to him, with their 'holier-than-thou' look on their faces. A man with aged gray hair, dressed in a red coat with black trousers walked in with his wife holding onto his arm. His right shoulder was draped with white fur, revealing his many gold badges. He emanated pure elegance. His wife was to match. Her black pinned up hair that showed a single grey streak of hair, allowed her ruby red silk dress show off that much more. It hugged onto her perfectly shaped body. They dressed to impress and outshone Iah's parent's attire.

"Well hello, King Nicholas and Duchess Melanie" Iah's father, Remus, spoke first.

"Hope we spend a great evening this time around." Her mother added. Iah noded her head in agreement. She wanted to give them a proper greeting but found that she couldn't open her mouth.

"Is this your new princess?" the Duchess added. Iah did not know how to react to them. All She's ever heard were negative things about them, she just didn't know what to expect or how to react to them.

After moments of silence, Duchess Melanie spoke once more "What manners, not lady like at all." The Duchess snickered as she covered her mouth with the back of her hand. Her Golden eyes glaring at her profusely.

"My sincerest apologies, my lady. I just got stunned by such 'overly done' attire." Without realizing Iah's comment sounded somewhat sarcastic and rude, not what she intended. She meant to sincerely compliment her, after all she wanted to get along with them to get things to work out between each others kingdoms. She felt the entirety of her face burn with embarrassment.