Chapter 25: The Ol' Switcheroo

Start from the beginning

He turned back around to them, eyeing Haruka in particular with a sad and helpless look upon his face. The blonde, noticing the small amount of attention on her turned to him with an asking look, but he merely gave her a small smile, the worried crease in his forehead never dissipating. He left soon after without another word.

"O…kay…" the blonde worded, turned back to the mirror and fixed her bowtie some more.

Jiro sighed. "This sucks…they're really cutting it close…"

His cryptic words didn't help the tomboy any and when she didn't know what was up, she merely didn't care. Turning to her side, she grabbed the hanging blazer from a lone hanger and shrugged it on. If anything was going right though, at least her clothes finally fit. Fixing her collar, bowtie, and jacket one final time, she looked at Jiro and gave him a small raise of the brow.

"Need help changing or can I go see the bride?"

He motioned her away. "Go ahead and go. I need to stay here and sort my feelings out for a bit."

His words finally caused her to frown. "What the hell's going on?"

The red haired man gave her the same helpless look, shrugged, and sat on the bed Shinji occupied before. "I…don't know. Hopefully something…Oji-san and Oba-san planned something…it's just a matter of waiting to see if it'll come out properly…"

"Like what?"

"I can't say…"

Haruka snickered. "You bigwigs and your company intrigues…Whatever…I'm gonna go see Michiru. Haven't seen her in an hour and I'm hungry. Maybe we can steal something from the caterers downstairs…"

The tall man merely nodded so after putting on the black loafers that came with the suit, the blonde began making her way out.

"Haruka-san!"

She turned around with a questioning look upon her face as Jiro got up as well and walked towards her. He reached into his pocket and took out two velvety boxes, home of the two rings they would need for the ceremony.

"Keep them safe…" he said softly and stretched out his hand towards her.

She sighed, feeling a little overwhelmed all of the sudden. It felt akin to asking a pyromaniac to hold a firecracker and telling him not to light it. But she knew what to do and what not to do with the situation, grabbed the two boxes from Jiro's outstretched hand, and shoved them deep into her pants pocket, eyeing him annoyingly as she did so.

He merely smiled at her. "I'd tell you not to lose it…but…I think everyone really wants you to…"

She sighed once more, turned around, and left.

She could feel the general nervousness surrounding the small establishment; feel the suppressed excitement and fear of the upcoming wedding due in several hours. Frowning at the annoying feeling suddenly nagging her, she walked quickly to Michiru's room, situated all the way in the other side of the small building. She passed some people in the way that had one thing to do with the wedding or another and paid them no mind, noticing instead, the sweet smell of cooking food permeating from the downstairs kitchen. She finally came upon another nondescript wooden door and gave it a small knock, waiting only a couple seconds before it opened and appeared their wedding planner.

She cocked her head deeper inside and noticed Michiru sitting in front of the mirror, someone in front and beside her putting her make up on.

"Bride's busy lover girl, what do you want?" Keiko asked as she made her way in.

The violinist made a little movement with her head to acknowledge her presence.

"Hey, Haruka," she greeted, a smile coming upon her beautiful face.