FwB Chapter 4: The Flower that Bloomed Surreptitiously

As promised, Haruka woke up the next morning void of the feeling of warmth and contentedness she felt the night before. She spread eagled on her bed and sighed tiredly, squinting at the clock that read just after twelve in the afternoon.

She grunted.

She usually didn't get up so late, but last night was taxing for one thing and second, it was her day off. Feeling the goose bumps rise through her entire, still naked, figure she sat up tiredly and stretched languorously. Brushing her hair back she walked to the bed stand and grabbed her effectively silenced cell phone.

Fifteen missed calls.

She cursed. "What the hell do they want?" she asked to no one in particular and went down the list of who called: at least two from each of the five Board of Directors and five from her secretary. She fought with herself for a moment on whether or not she should call back or just ignore them all. Pursing her lips and clenching her jaw, she punched a few keys to recall her secretary.

"Hello?"

"What do you want?"

"Good afternoon to you too, Tenoh-san," the old woman answered calmly.

"Don't play around with me Yuki," she growled. "What the hell do all of you want?"

"There's someone here in the office that wants to talk to you personally Chairman. You should get here quickly for he is a prominent member of the community and he's been waiting for the better part of the hour."

Haruka felt like throwing her phone to the wall. "Tch, let him wait. I need a shower and I'll come there at my leisure. If he can't deal with it, it's not my problem."

She hung up without hearing or caring for a reply and threw her phone on the unmade bed. Massaging her temples roughly, she trekked to the bathroom and literally kicked the shower on.

A half an hour later she had successfully put on a fully black pinstriped power suit and was groomed properly. She glanced at the mess she and Michiru made and picked up her necessities for the day, namely her cell phone, wallet, and car keys and left her beach house in disarray.

She was annoyed…to say the least.

If this happened on any other weekend prior to this one she felt it would've been okay. But the hectic week she had to endure with her coworkers had left her drained and more than that, irritated. They all needed to go die in a fire…especially this "prominent community member" who probably only had the money to back such a wonderful title. Thinking back to her time last night with the more "prominent" population of Tokyo, she almost wanted to drive her Ferrari into the beach, with her locked inside and the windows opened about an inch wide to let air (water) in. She could only imagine it being another foreigner.

"TCH…" she grunted loudly and peeled out of her property, already missing the appealing sound of the waves washing behind her.

Her mood only darkened when she reached her private parking spot, Board of Director member, Shizu Miike waiting for her with the most annoying look she's ever seen him sport.

Getting out of her car, she saw him open his mouth before stating loudly, "If you have the gut feeling that whatever you're going to say to me right now is going to be the last thing you'll ever say I'd advise you to shut it, 'cuz I'm not taking anything today."

The fat, short man closed it rather quickly at hearing such an irate statement and swallowed audibly. "It's just very late—

"And don't say things I know already," Haruka grunted. She strode passed him towards the elevator and swiped a special keycard that opened the elevator shaft almost immediately. Turning to the still standing man she eyed him dangerously and without blinking steadily replied, "Don't ever meet me here again with the thoughts of drilling things into my head. I don't know whether you got the short end of the stick among the Board today to have to meet me down here, but all of you know better. You may think I'm a child… all of you may think I don't want to be here. And maybe you're all right, but I'm still here. Out of obligation or pride, it doesn't matter. But as long as I'm here stick anything you have to say up your ass…because I don't care about it."