Chapter 26

Emily P.O.V

"Em, wake up." Caspian says. I groan and turn onto my stomach and bury my face in Caspian's pillow.

"Just a little longer." I whine. Caspian chuckles and grabs my waist. He pulls me up and hugs me.

"Sorry, My Dear. But Edmund said it was urgent." Caspian says. My eyes widen and I immediately run to the vanity in his room and look in the mirror. I pull the hair band out of my braid and run my fingers through my hair. Caspian smiles and grabs his brush from a drawer and starts to brush out the knots in my hair. Once he finished that, he gently pulls my hair into a bun. I smile.

"Thanks." I say gratefully. He smiles at me and guides me out of his room and out to the platform above the Howe's main entrance. My heart drops into my stomach when I see a large army of Telmarines in the field in front of the Howe. Susan appears next to me. Edmund shows up and takes his place beside Caspian. Peter and Lucy then stand beside Edmund.

"We need to figure out a plan." Susan says. I nod and we all go to the stone table room. Glenstorm, Trumpkin, Trufflehunter, Caspian's Professor, and a few others join us.

"We need to distract them while Susan and Lucy search for Aslan." I say. Trumpkin looks at me.

"That's your next big plan? Sending two girls into the darkest part of the forest?" Trumpkin asks. I sigh.

"It's the only choice left." I reply.

"If I may." Caspian says. I smile at him and nod.

"Miraz may be a tyrant, and a murderer. But as King, he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people. There's one thing in particular that may buy us some time." Caspian says. I nod for him to get on with it.

"A fight to the death is the most promising distraction." Caspian says.

"Alright. I'll write out a request. Edmund, I need you, Glenstorm, and a giant that's willing to go with you, to deliver this to Miraz and convince him to fight me." I say. Caspian's eyes widen.

"Em, I didn't mean that you should fight him." Caspian says. I pull out a scroll and start writing out my request.

"Caz, I'm the only one with enough battle experience to deal with him for a long time and not get too hurt." I reply. Caspian shakes his head.

"I won't let you." Caspian says. I stare at him.

"Love, it's not your choice to make." I say softly. I sign the scroll and roll it up. I hand it to Edmund and he leaves the stone table room with Glenstorm. Caspian grabs my waist and looks into my eyes.

"Don't do this." Caspian pleads. I sigh and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I have to. If I'm going to keep my sisters safe, I have to fight Miraz. And I can't let you or either of my brothers do it because then one of you would be in danger. Besides it's too late, Edmund should be in between the Howe and Miraz's camp by now." I say softly. Caspian shakes his head.

"I shouldn't have mentioned it." Caspian scolds himself. I shake my head.

"I'll be fine." I say. Caspian stares into my eyes.

"Promise?" Caspian asks. I smile.

"I promise." I reply. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see my sisters and Peter watching us in shock.

"You know what?" I ask. Caspian raises an eyebrow at me. My heart leaps and my stomach has little butterflies flying around in it.

"Screw it." I say and pull Caspian closer. I press my lips to his and let my hands get lost in his hair. He tightens his hold on my waist and I close my eyes. I pull away slightly and smile.

"I've been waiting to do that." I giggle. Caspian chuckles and leans his forehead against mine.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too." Caspian whispers back.

"Emily we need to talk to you." Susan says. I look at her and Lucy and they smile at me. I nod and turn to Caspian again.

"I'll come see you before I have to fight Miraz." I reassure him. He nods. I follow my sisters to my room.

"You two are just so cute." Susan giggles. I blush and smile.

"I can practically hear the wedding bells. Can't you Susan?" Lucy asks with a huge grin.

"That I can Lucy." Susan replies. I blush even more.

"I don't think he's there yet. I mean, I've thought about it. But if he's not ready for that, I'll understand." I tell them.

"We don't think you should get married now. I mean you're only 15!" Susan exclaims. I roll my eyes.

"Mum and Dad aren't here to tell me if I can marry him or not." I reply. Lucy smiles.

"Well I think you'd be happier if you got married. And then Peter, Edmund, Susan, and I wouldn't have to worry if you're safe or not." Lucy points out. I smile.

"Well, whenever he's ready, I'm ready." I admit. They squeal and hug me. I hear a horn echo through the hall. Edmund, Glenstorm, and whichever giant they took with them must be back.

"Hopefully Miraz accepted." I say. Susan and Lucy nod. Time to find out if I have to fight to the death or not.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! So that was Chapter 26!!! Hope you enjoyed it!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless