Chapter 13

Emily P.O.V

I stand on a hill, staring at a beautiful castle that sits beside the ocean. A few female fauns had me change into a red dress. The fauns then brushed my hair and tied some of my hair on the back of my head into a pretty bow.

"That is Cair Paravel. The castle of the five thrones. One of which you will sit upon as Great Queen." Aslan says as he walks up next to me. I look at him.

"Aslan, I'm not who you think I am." I say.

"Emily Pevensie, formerly from Finchley. Beaver also mentioned that you had a knack for bold actions." Aslan chuckles. I smile slightly.

"You doubt the prophecy?" Aslan asks. I sigh.

"No. That's just it. How do you even know we're the ones in the prophecy?" I ask. He smiles at me.

"You could never truly know if someone is from a prophecy, dear one. But someone with a heart as noble as yours, sure makes it easy to tell." Aslan replies. I smile.

"Why wouldn't Susan be Great Queen?" I ask. He chuckles.

"She isn't the one who was left in charge of her family. And you brought your family here safely." Aslan replies. My heart drops.

"Not all of them." I reply. Aslan sighs.

"I will do what I can to help your brother. But you must consider what I ask of you. I too want my family safe." Aslan says. I hold my head up in determination.

"Whether my brothers and sister want to help or not. I will do what I can to help you." I tell Aslan. He looks at me.

"That, dear one, is why you are Great Queen and not Susan." Aslan says. I smile. Suddenly a horn blasts desperately.

"Susan!" I cry. I take off running in the direction of the horn. I catch up to Peter, whom also is running there. We run across a creek and unsheath our swords.

"Get back!" Peter yells at the wolves. I knock the follower wolf to the floor and keep my sword pointed at it. Peter deals with Morgrim. Aslan and a small group of soldiers arrive. Orieus unsheaths his sword.

"No. Stay your weapons. This is Peter's battle." Aslan says. Are you kidding!? Peter doesn't know how to wield a sword!

"You may think you're a King. But you're going to die. Like a dog!" Morgrim yells and attacks my older brother. They fall to the ground, both are motionless. Morgrim is on top of Peter. Aslan looks at me.

"My army is under your command as well, dear one." Aslan informs me. I look down at the wolf I have trapped on the ground. I release him and he takes off running. I look at Orieus.

"Follow him. He'll lead you to Edmund." I tell Orieus. He nods and chases the wolf with the rest of the small group on his heels.

"Peter claim your sword." Aslan says. Peter stands up and pulls his sword from Morgrim. He grimaces at the blood covering his sword. Peter wipes it on the grass. He bows to Aslan and puts the tip of his sword in the ground. Aslan places his paw on Peter's shoulder. After a brief moment, Aslan pulls his paw away.

"Rise. Sir Peter Wolfsbane, Knight of Narnia." Aslan says. I smile proudly at my brother. Peter stands up and sheaths his sword.

"Emily, please come forth and do the same as your brother had done." Aslan says. I walk over to him and bow. I place the tip of my sword in the ground. Aslan puts a paw on my shoulder for a bit. He then pulls it away.

"Rise. Lady Emily, Commander of your army." Aslan says. My eyes widen and I stand up. I sheath my sword.

"Aslan..." I begin.

"If something were to happen to me, you are to lead the Narnians to victory." Aslan tells me. I bow my head.

"Of course, Sir." I reply.

"But it seems you can handle that sword of yours quite well. You can train the troops that aren't very skilled." Aslan says. I smile.

"It would be a pleasure to help the troops prepare." I say. He chuckles and nods.

"Peter, Susan, and Lucy. Why don't you three go and get some rest. You had a long journey here." Aslan says. They nod and leave for their tents.

"You and I shall wait for your brother to return." Aslan tells me. I smile.

"Okay, Sir." I reply.

"There's something on your mind, dear one. I can tell." Aslan says.

"Yes. Aslan would I have more responsibility than my siblings?" I ask. He chuckles.

"Yes, child. But you have the more exciting responsibilities than your siblings. Lucy will be in charge of anything to do with medical laws or emergency treatments. Susan will be in charge of finding places for abandoned creatures to live and will be in charge of training new archers. Peter will be in charge of deciding the fate of those who've done wrong in the kingdom and he will be deciding laws about who can join your army. Edmund will be in charge of training new swordsmen and laws about having weapons in homes. You, my child, will be leading every battle and making the most important decisions. Your siblings will have to run their laws through you before casting laws." Aslan tells me. I nod slowly, processing what he told me.

"It might be a while till your brother gets here. Let's take a walk." Aslan says. I nod and follow him.

"I already had some fauns change your wardrobe." Aslan says. I look at him.

"Why?" I ask.

"Well, a girl at your status needs only the finest clothes." Aslan replies. I raise an eyebrow at him but shrug it off. A horn makes a lovely tune, one much calmer than Susan's horn.

"He's here." Aslan tells me. I smile. My little brother's back.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!!!! So that's Chapter 13!!! Hopefully you liked it!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless