Chapter 34

Emily P.O.V

I stand between Caspian and Edmund as we look at the island we found.

"Looks suspicious. I say we go to land and take a look." Edmund says and looks at Drinian, whom is on the other side of Caspian.

"Drinian?" Edmund asks. I bite my lip.

"My apologies, Your Majesty. But the orders start with Great Queen Emily on this ship." Drinian tells Edmund. My brother frowns slightly.

"Oh. Right." Edmund says. I sigh.

"Edmund's right, Drinian. Prepare the longboats. Pick some men to come on land." I tell Drinian. He nods.

"Aye, Your Majesty." Drinian says and turns to the Minotaur nearby. I look at Caspian.

"Caz, if something happens to me while we're there, you know what to do." I say softly. Caspian looks at me with a pained expression.

"I won't let anything happen to you. I married you because I love you and want to protect you. But if something does happen to you. I'll have no choice." Caspian replies. Edmund looks at us in confusion.

"What does he have to do?" Edmund asks.

"If something happens to me and you either can't find me or I'm dead, Caspian is to take command of the Dawn Treader." I tell Edmund. Caspian pulls me into a hug.

"If you go missing, I will not rest until I find you." Caspian says. Tears fill my eyes.

"Caspian, with my level of power, something is bound to happen to me." I point out. Caspian holds me even closer.

"I can't even think about it." Caspian says shakily. I sniffle and look up into my husband's dreamy brown eyes.

"Lucy and Edmund will be your responsibility if I....kick the bucket." I tell Caspian. He nods.

"Just stay close to me, okay?" Caspian asks softly. I bury my face in his shirt.

"Okay. I will, Caz." I reply. We just stay like that until the longboats are ready. Caspian guides me over to them and helps me in. He the sits across from me and grabs an oar. Edmund takes a seat beside Caspian and takes an oar too. Lucy then sits beside me. Eustace is behind us and then two men are behind him, helping Caspian and Edmund row. They start to take us to land. Two other longboats are going with us. Every so often, Edmund gives me a sad glance. Lucy notices one and turns to me.

"Did something happen?" She asks. I smile softly at her and wrap an arm around her shoulders.

"Everything is fine Lucy." I lie to my little sister. She nods and rests her head on my shoulder. I just can't tell her what was said before we got in the long boats. Lucy grabs my free hand with both of hers and I kiss the top of her head gently.

"Don't be scared Lucy. Everything will be fine. Just stay with me." I say softly. She looks up at me.

"We don't know what could happen." Lucy points out. I tuck some of her hair behind her ear.

"When have I ever been wrong?" I joke. She finally smiles and lays her head back on my shoulder. It's been a long time since I sat with Lucy like this. This would always be how I would comfort her if she was upset about something. Especially if she had a nightmare. But there was a song I used to sing to her when she was little. What was it? It's hard to remember since it's been so long. It was a song our father would sing to me when I was little, so when he was away I would sing it to my siblings if they had trouble sleeping or if they were upset. Normally I would just sing it to Lucy and Edmund. But on some occasions I would sing it to Susan. I've never sang it to Peter though. Suddenly, it clicks back into my mind. My heart warms at the memory of my father singing to me when I was upset about not being allowed to go out and play with my siblings since I was sick.

(This is just so you all know what the song sounds like and such)

"Hush now, my story. Close your eyes and sleep. Waltzing the waves, diving the deep. Stars are shining bright, the wind is on the rise. Whispering words of long lost lullabies." I sing softly to my little sister. Both Lucy and Edmund look at me.

"Oh won't you come with me, where the moon is made of gold. And in the morning sun, we'll be sailing. Oh won't you come with me, where the ocean meets the sky. And as the clouds roll by, we'll sing the song of the sea." I continue singing. They both look relaxed now so I decide it's enough. Caspian gives me a questioning look.

"I used to sing that to them when they were little. My father sang it to me for the first time when I was upset that I couldn't play with my siblings cause I was sick. So when he wasn't around, I would sing it to Lucy and Edmund when they were upset or couldn't sleep. I even sang it to Susan a couple times. But not Peter." I explain. My husband smiles.

"Well your voice is lovely. I can see how it would calm them down." Caspian replies. I smile back. We soon reach the docks and Caspian gets off first before turning to help Lucy and Edmund get off. I smile as he holds his hand out to me. I take it and allow him to help me out of the long boat. Reep goes to help Eustace...but my cousin rejects his offer and falls onto the docks.

"And you're certain he's related by blood?" Caspian asks me. I sigh.

"He is. We were close years ago. He's changed a bit since then." I reply. Caspian nods and leads the way. Lucy, Edmund, and I stay close to him while the rest of the crew follow behind us. A loud gong rings through the air, scaring some crows. Eustace hurries over and stands close to me. I turn and look at Reep.

"Lucy, Eustace, Edmund, Caspian, and I will go see what's going on. If we're not back by dawn...send a search party." I tell him. The little mouse bows to me.

"Of course your Majesty." Reep says. Caspian sends a worried look my way before leading us up to the town. Everything about this place is eerie. I already hate it here. But I have no choice but to look for the lost lords. It's my duty as Great Queen.

□●□●□●□●□●□●□●□●□●□

Hey everyone! It's been a LONG time since I've updated. I'm really sorry. A lot has been going on. But I'm back! I still might not update often but I'll try to keep the updates going. I want to finish this book and we just need to get through The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader along with an epilogue. So I'll work hard to complete this book. Please leave comments for me on if you like this chapter so I know if I'm doing good now that I'm back. It's definitely been a while. I was looking at the comments in the last chapter and some were from around a year or so ago and I feel really bad about not updating since then.

Lots of love my children ♡

- Day