Chapter Seventeen

Be sure to read the authors not in the end.

Chase and I reached the gym as quickly as we could. I rushed to Mrs. Brown just as I saw her. "Where are they?" I asked her.

"They're talking to boss." She replied. I made my way to boss' office. Two cops stood there, arresting Henry, our boss.

"Let me go! You cannot just arrest me!" Henry yelled. 

"Officer," I call for their attention. "May I know why you are arresting him?" I chose my words carefully. I didn't want to get in trouble.

"This man has been hosting fights and paying them illegally." My eyes widened at this piece of information. 

"That is impossible officer!" I exclaim. "I've been working over here for a long time and I've seen the legal papers. I know that this is legal."

"I'm sorry mam, but he has been running it illegally for a year now. We've sent him a lot of notices already. We've got no other option but to arrest him and ban everyone from using this gym." I nodded glaring at Henry. He was taken away. I turned to look at Chase. I smile sadly at him. 

"I guess now I've got no other option but to move." I said, sadly. I know that dad said that we won't, but I don't have a job anymore and even if I start working as a waitress or something, I'll never be able to pay back the loans. It'll be almost impossible to be able to work this out. 

"No Shelly, look at me." Chase orders. I do as he says. "We'll get through this." He cups my face. "I'll help you-"

"No Chase!" I exclaim. "It's only the loans now. You've helped me clear out the hospital bills, school fees, electricity bills etc. All of them! I've just got this bank bills and there is nothing that I can do that will get me enough money to pay them back. I'm forced Chase. I'm forced to give away my house and shift back to Colorado." I say. 

"Shelly no...." Chase hugs me. I hug him back and lay my head on his shoulder. A tear escapes my eye. "let's go back home okay? We'll figure it out. I'll help you find a job. We can do this. Let me help you just a bit-" I try to butt in but he gives me a look which tells me to let him continue. So do. "You can repay me by not leaving me." 

*-*_*-*

"Oh." Dad says as I explain to him everything that happened. "Honey, I'm sorry but now that you don't have a job, I don't think that we can afford to live in such an expensive city." 

"I know." I say looking down. 

"Shelly, Chase, I'm sorry but with the amount left to pay the bank, I don't think that I can afford to live in this city, nor can I afford school for you and Sam, let alone college." He says. "We'll have to move." He states. My eyes water but I nod as I know that there is absolutely nothing that I can do. "I'll talk to the bank and book tickets for Colorado." With that, he got up and walked slowly out of the room. 

"So I guess this it..." I said turning to Chase. Chase shakes his head with a sad look. 

"Please." He begs.

"It's not my choice Chase." I said and got up and left the room as well. It wasn't my choice but dad has a point.

I walked upstairs to my room and flopped on the bed. Chase followed me and laid down beside me. I turned to look at him.

"I'm going to miss you, you know that right?" I asked him. He nodded his head.

"Yeah..." He says before kissing my forehead. "You're so beautiful." He kisses my right cheek. I feel my face heat up. I giggle a little before turning around so now I'm now on my stomach.