"Mr Styles has rarely left your bedside in the past three weeks. I do believe you will be in good hands when you leave the hospital. But do carry on with your story." That was slightly embarrassing, although I could hear Cathy's blood rush to her cheeks. She was blushing!

"Yes.. Well...errr, oh yes, when I heard the nurse come in to take blood I knew I had to wake up. I can't stand getting my blood taken. I really don't like needles. So I willed myself to wake up and managed to just before she stabbed me with that thing."

"Interesting, well I hate to burst your bubble Miss Mure but we will still need to take some of your blood for testing before you can leave the hospital. I will send a nurse along in an hour to do so, but until then I do believe I interrupted something between you and Mr Styles so I'll leave you now." If it were possible i would have blushed, i knew Cathy's had just gotten deeper. "It's nice to see you awake Miss Mure, and I will contact my friend to clear up all of that name business we talked about,"

"Thank you Doctor"

What 'name business'? The doctor opened the door to Cathy's room and nodded to me that I could go in. He had a cheeky yet serious smile on his face as he left. As soon as he had left the doorway I rushed back into her room.

There she was, sitting on her hospital bed, rubbing her eyes as if she had just woken up from a hundred years sleep. She still looked amazing. Even though her hair was matted and frizzy and hadn't been washed or brushed since Zayn had visited two days ago and cleaned her hair all up for her, saying she would appreciate it when she woke.

"Hey Bambi, how you doing?"

"Sleepy but good thanks" she cracked a smile which made her eyes glitter in the dull light of the room.

"Louis is somewhere round here, but I'm not sure where he went. You think if be able to keep tabs on a guy carrying a giant teddy bear, wouldn't you?" I laughed half heatedly. Now that I looked at her properly, she looked broken. Badly broken at that. Her eyes were surrounded by dark circles and her arms were covered in cuts and gashes which had stabbed over. Her neck was still bandaged up from where he bit her. Broken.

"Harry, why does the Doctor think I fell through a window at your house? Why didn't you tell him about the accident? Why aren't you hurt at all? Who was that person in the middle of the road? And who is Oli?" Shit. I hadn't planned this far ahead when I told the staff what had happened to her. I had secretly wished she would wake up and forget or just believe that she had fallen out the window.

"Erm..." As if on cue Louis ran through the door with all the presents for Cathy. She shot me a look with told me I would be answering her question later and I knew I would end up doing so. But that would be later.

After an hour of laughing and joking with Louis and Cathy a nurse came to take her bloods. "Mr Styles, you may want to take this chance to go home and get a shower. It has been a long time since you left and visiting hours are over." I was told by a nurse.

"Yes Mam. I'll see you later Cathy." I sat up from the seat I was in next to her and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead. Louis gave her a hug and we left her alone with the nurse. Which I didn't want to but we didn't really have a choice.

"So you coming back to the house for a while? You've not eaten in a while." Louis said seriously. It was partly true. I had eaten a chicken sandwich earlier that day but I hadn't fed for over a week.

"I'll be home later I just want to pop into the town first." Louis have me a quizzical look but didn't ask me any questions.

When I drove into town in was quiet. I easily found a parking space, then again it was always easy to find a parking space in Stirling. I got out of the car and walked into the centre. I had a shirt and an old hoodie on and hugged my arms to create the image I was trying to keep myself warm from the cold wind which had started to blow. I turned the corner in the street an walked into the shop. The shop was old and hidden from those who didn't know it was there. It had a solid wooden door as an entrance and the main body of the shop was up a flight of spiral stairs. One there the room was covered from floor to ceiling with jewellery. There was only one piece I was interested in today though. It was a simple oval locket with a long sliver chain. In the centre was the engraving of a fawn. On the back of the locket It had 'cara leannán protector' engraved. I knew Cathy had Irish roots so I knew she would appreciate the gift. In English it read 'friend lover protector'. I knew the 'lover' part was quite forward but I didn't care. I thought it was perfect and it would be a great 'welcome home' present for Cathy. I took it down from the hook it was hanging on and gasped as I felt my hand burn. It must have been made with Hawthorne or a branch from a Wild Rose. But how was that possible? It was metal. Soaked. It must have been soaked in the juices of the plants then cleaned. I placed it on the counter where the till was and was met by the eyes of an elderly woman.

"It harms things which are unnatural." She said.

"Will it protect the owner? The person who wears it that is?"

"Not from her true emotions Harold but from those who want to harm your dearest Fawn yes. They will not be able to drink from her or trance her. She will be protected until she is forced to take it off." I flinched when she used my full name. I handed over the money for the locket and the woman boxed it up for me. What had she meant it would not protect her from her true emotions? And until she is forced to take it off? She handed over the box.

"All will become clear in time old friend.

As darkness falls the light shall rise,

but in their heart all hope will die.

And when hope dies darkness will reign

And light will not see life again.

I told you that many moons ago, you would be wise to heed its warning. Goodbye Mr Styles it was nice doing business with you again. Do give my word to your sister." The old woman hoped off the bench and ice clouded my heart.

"My sister is dead. She was killed by an other vampire fifty years ago." The woman turned slightly.

"I am truly sorry to hear that. She was a kind soul your sister. The first to change my opinion of your kind. At least she is somewhere better now." The woman walked behind a curtain and I knew that was my cue to leave. I had known Iris for almost a century, and she still scared me sockless. Before I went back to the hospital to for the last time to pick up Cathy I drove home. I really needed to feed.