Chapter Sixteen

Scarlet's POV~

Harry and Dezi led the way to the little hut. I have to say, it was pretty nice. In a tropical getaway sort of way. Just like Dezi had mentioned earlier, there was everything we needed. There was five bedrooms, a little living room, a tiny kitchen with a stocked fridge, though I'm sure would be half empty by now since Harry and Deziwere here alone for several days, and lastly, speakers. Which was exactly where my boyfriend stood right now, grinning like a child on Christmas morning.

"Did any of you bring any CDs?" he asked, not taking his eyes away from the black rectangles. I came up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist. I leaned my head on his shoulder, leaving a few little kisses.

"Niall, in case you haven't remembered, our plane crashed. Even if we did bring them, they'd be somewhere at the bottom of the ocean by now." Louis stated.

"Oh, right." I could feel Niall heaving a sigh. The way his shoulders slumped brought a frown on my face.

"We could put on the radio?" I suggested. I don't know if they heard me. My face buried into Niall's shoulder and all.

Someone-- I'm not sure who--put on the radio. For a few seconds, we were met with static.

"There's nothing here!" Shayna whined.

"Hold on. I think I hear something." Harry pressed his ear to the speaker. "Shh...it's very quiet. Zayn, can you turn the knob over there? Maybe we can find a better connection."

My face was still pressed into Niall's shoulder so I couldn't see what was going on. I could only hear them. There was a few minutes of agonizing silence, in which Zayn was twisting the knob this way and that, and Harry was trying to find anything that resembled music. Or at this point, anything really.

Suddenly there was a loud booming noise. And the beginning of an unknown song blared through the speakers. Startled, I looked over Niall's shoulder to see the curly haired boy on the floor, his hand on his ear.

"It's too loud!" Mackenzie yelled, her voice filled with laughter.

Harry was groaning. "My poor eardrums!"

The sound of music filled me with glee. I joined in on everyone's laughter. Niall spun me around and led me to the middle of the room where the others were dancing their hearts out. We laughed and danced until our legs almost gave out. It felt amazing to finally be together and laugh like a family. I wouldn't be able to live without these great people. I loved them all so much.

The song finally ended. Our breathes were ragged and our voices hoarse. But we couldn't care less. We were finally together. Just as Liam was about to turn off the stereo so we could rest for a while, I yelled at him to stop.

He did and looked at me curiously. We were all silent as I listened to what the guy on the radio was saying. "Listen." was all I said.

They complied. The guy on the radio continued. "In other news, the boys of One Direction and their girlfriends still haven't returned. Their managers or families both have absolutely no idea where they are. They've called them multiple times, yet no reply. Where are you One Direction? Please come home or at least tell us where you are."

The rest of what the guy said was all a buzz.

I looked around and saw that everyone had the same expression as me. Eyes watery, faces solemn. The only person that wasn't affected was Danny.

The once happy and cheerful mood was vanished. Like it hadn't come at all.

"Is that..." he started. He seemed unsure of himself. "Is that you guys? One Direction?"

I looked at his confused expression and nodded. He nodded in return, understanding. "So they think you're lost?"

Again, I only nodded.

"They tried calling us." Niall said, almost crying. "Imagine how worried they must be. We should've told then where we were going."

I leaned my head on his shoulder. "We didn't know." I mumbled. "We thought that we would come back during the week."

"How were we supposed to know we'd crash?" Miranda tried to soud positive, but given the situation, it wasn't doing much.

"We need to get out of here." Louis said in a firm tone. "Or at least tell our parents we're fine."

Everyone agreed but it was Dezi that asked "How?"

No one had an answer. Danny stood up then. Too absorbed in my thoughts, I almost forgot that he was there. Everyone looked over at him, no one knowing what to say.

"I think we should try getting out of here. I've tried for the past...I don't know how many months and I could never do it on my own. Now that you lot are here, we could try to build something." His smile was infectious and I soon found myself smiling along.

"Like what?" Zayn questioned.

We were silent at that. What could we build?

Miranda smiled and all attention was on her. "I think I have an idea."