Chapter 13

Two years Later ~

    Candace -

As I walked down the aisle with my brother Ronnie, I couldn't help but smile as I looked at Marcus. He looked so handsome in his white tux. A tear fell down my eye as I listened to Brian McKnight sing "The Only One For Me," I thought back to the day I met Marcus at the park, the day we met at the gym, our first date.

The day we first made love, the day I found out I was pregnant with Micah, and even the day I met MJ, and Grace. I realized through it all Marcus Henderson will always be the only one for me. He mouthed the words " I love you" as me and Ronnie got closer to the end of the aisle.

I smiled and said it back. I looked up at Ronnie and he had tears come down his eyes. "I wished Dad was here sis," he whispered in my ear.

"Me too," I whispered back. We reached the end of the aisle and me and Marcus held  hands. I stood in front of him and he sung the words to me with tears falling down his eyes.

"You look so beautiful babe," he said smiling from ear to ear showing a perfect set of pearly whites.

"Thank you baby, you look handsome your self," I replied as I wiped my eyes.

Once Brian finished singing, Pastor Tally stood up. "Dearly beloved, We are gathered here today in the sight of God and family and friends and loved ones to celebrate the marriage of Candace Renee Witherspoon, and Marcus Henderson Sr. I believe that this is remarkable that they still want to reverence God in the school of Holy Matrimony. Will you please stand with me as I pray over this Union,"

Everybody stood and bowed their heads as well as Me and Marcus.

"Dear Heavenly Father, We beseech you to be present and favorable unto these your servants, that they may be truly joined in the honorable estate of marriage, in the covenant of their God. As you have brought them together by your providence, sanctify them by your Spirit, giving them a new frame of heart fit for their new estate; enrich them with all grace, whereby they may enjoy the comforts, undergo the cares, endure the trials, and perform the duties of life together, under your guidance and protection; through Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.

"And now, per request of the bride, we will have a solo by recording artist, Monica," Pastor Tally replied.

Monica stepped up and grabbed the microphone. She began to sing her song "For You I Will,".

I looked up at Marcus and started singing the words to him. He smiled and bit down on his bottom lip.

"Sing Candace," I heard my mama yell making everybody laugh even Monica.

Once Monica got done singing, Pastor Tally got back up. " 1 John 4 says Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and truth, Let us love one another because love comes from God,"

" Who gives this man away to this woman?" Pastor Tally asked.

"I do," Ronnie said as he stood up smiling. He looked at Marcus and nodded his head. Marcus nodded back and smiled.

" Candace and Marcus, today you take the step of consecrating the very special relationship you have been building, and in this step you change forever the direction of your individual life paths. In marriage, two people give themselves freely and openly into the hands of the other, and in doing so, each receives the love and trust of the other as their most precious gift. But even as that gift is shared by two people who are in love, it also touches their community of family members and friends, who in various ways support and contribute to the relationship. Those of you here today are part of Candace's and Marcus's community of family and friends, and each of you has played some part in bringing them to this moment,"