Chapter 4

Marcus -

August Alsina's new song Why I do It blasted through my headphones as I began jogging. I haven't been jogging in while, but I decided to go today. I had a lot of shit on my mind and this was my time to have a peace of mind. I was able to think clearly.

I ran around the park a few times until my knees got tired. I took a sip of water and walked back to the house. This was my time to reflect on everything that's going on. I wish I could turn back the time to the day Jarvis tried to attack Candace.

I wish I was there to kill his ass. Maybe MJ wouldn't be having all these problems, and maybe Grace would still be alive. It hurt me to the core to when I found out. I wish I could have been there to help save her from Jarvis ass.

I took a deep breath and walked into the house. I went in the fridge and got another bottle of water. Once I was done I headed up stairs and took a quick shower. I changed into some shorts, and a wife beater. Candace and MJ was still sleeping so I went downstairs and fixed me some waffles and bacon. I grabbed me a some fruit and ate my breakfast as I read the newspaper.

Once I was done I cleaned my mess and went in my office to get started on some paper work. I walked to my iHome stereo, and pressed play on my iPod. Biggie's song Juicy blasted through my speakers. As I went through my desk, I began rapping the song.

"Every Saturday Rap attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl, I let my tape rock til my tape pop Smokin' weed and bamboo, sipping on private stock," I looked up and saw MJ standing at the door rapping along.

"What you know about that son?" I laughed. "Everybody knows Biggie dad," he laughed. "Come here," I said as I put down the stack of papers I had in my hands.

He walked over to me and I put him in my lap. "What you doing up?" I asked. "Couldn't sleep, I heard the music so I figured it was you," he replied as he played with the Spider-Man toy in his hand.

"Want to help me clean up?" He asked. "Yeah," he said. "Okay go in the closet and get the broom, I'll sweep while you shred papers," I said. "Okay!" He said he hopped down and ran upstairs.

"Birthdays was the worst days, we sip champagne when we thirsty," I rapped as I stood up. I started dancing as MJ laughed. "What's so funny yo daddy got moves," I said.

"Maybe in the 17oos dad," he laughed. "17oos okay alright I'm gone remember that," I laughed. I showed him which papers I wanted shredded, and then I started sweeping, and dusting off my awards.

"Dad, I want to be like you," MJ smiled. I smiled and turned to him. "Why me?" I asked. "Because your a cool dad, your a great guy, you have a good heart, and I want to be just like that when I get older," he said.

"Honestly son, I want you to be better than me," I said. "Okay," he replied. We finished cleaning the office and then I fixed him a bowl of cereal. Just as I sat down with my iPad, Candace came in the kitchen.

"Morning baby," I said. "Hey mom," MJ smiled. "Hey boys," she smiled she gave MJ a peck on the lips and then she slapped my upside the head. "Damn I don't get no kiss?" I asked acting fake hurt. She giggled and gave me a long lingering kiss. When she walked away I slapped her hard on the ass.

"Marcus," she frowned. Me and MJ both started laughing. "Baby, I want some crispy Kreme donuts," she whined as she plopped down on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her waist and sucked on her neck.

She pushed my head back with a stank look on her face. "I want my donuts first," she said. "I can't get no loving?" I asked. "No specially if I can't get my donuts," she said. "Iight man," I laughed as I got up.

"MJ you rolling with me?" I asked. "Nah dad I'm staying with mom," he said. "Iight," I said. "And get me some pickles and hot chips," she said. "Just like a pregnant lady," I mumbled. She picked up the roll of paper towel and hit me with me. "Always talking shit," she said. MJ started cracking up. "Awe that's funny huh?" I said. "Yeah dad mom got you," he laughed. "Whatever," I mumbled as I grabbed my jacket.

I got inside the car and drove off to the supermarket up the street. I turned the radio on and Charlene by Anthony Hamilton came on. I smiled at the song because it made me think of Grace, I remembered how she loved Anthony Hamilton. I was so sadden by her death. I couldn't question God's plan, I knew God had a reason for all things. I just wished she was still here. I knew as MJ got older things would get harder for him, and I didn't know if I was going to be able to help him with those things. Still in all I was going to be by his side. Neither one of my sons was going to jail, or be out in the streets selling drugs. I was determined to give them a better life than that.

I drove into the parking lot and cut the engine down. I got out, locked the doors and then I went inside the store. I got some of the pickles Candace liked, along with the hot chips, and other sweets I knew she liked. Just as I hit the register my phone started ringing. I saw it was a call from Candace so I answered it. "Hello," "baby where's my donuts?" She whined. "I'm at the register baby I'm on my way home," I said. "You better not be looking at no bitches Marcus," she said. "Baby I promise you I'm not," I said trying not to laugh. "Okay hurry up," she whined. "Iight," I laughed as I hung up. I swear her hormones was something crazy.

Just as I grabbed my bags I dropped my phone, I put my change in my pocket, and bent down to get my phone, just when I reached to get my bags I could have sworn I saw Jarvis walking out the door holding some woman's hand. "What the fuck," I said under my breath. I quickly grabbed my bags and headed out the door.

"Excuse me ma'am, sorry sir," I said as I tried to get out of the store trying to catch up with the dude that just walked out. When I finally walked out the door I looked around searching. Seeing nobody I shook my head and headed to the car. That nigga Jarvis was dead, I remember seeing the nurses put him on the stretcher. I also remember seeing them cover his whole body. I knew it was just my mind playing tricks with me. I put the bags in the back seat and hopped in the car. I put a piece of gum in my mouth and drove off. I prayed to God that that nigga was dead cause if he wasn't I think I was gone have to kill him myself.

*******

Jarvis -

"Baby you get my Lottery tickets?" Ashley asked as she sipped on her Sprite. I reached in my pockets not once taking my eyes of that bitch ass nigga Marcus. I handed her the tickets and put a tooth pick in my mouth. I started up the car still watching him as he looked around the parking lot. I knew his ass didn't see me, he probably got a glance of me. That's what I wanted to put fear in his heart. I knew he thought I was dead, but guess what he thought wrong, I was very much alive. I wasn't dumb, I wasn't going to show my face just yet, I was going to put fear in both their hearts him and Candace. I wanted them watching their backs, for the next few months, until I made my move. Payback was most certainly a mother fucker. I was that mother fucker. They was gone most certainly catch my wrath. "Come on baby lets get out of here, where you wanted to go again?" I asked as I pulled out the parking lot. "Uh shopping of course," she said. "Cool lets go," I smiled as I watched Marcus drive off. Oh yes I was most certainly going to enjoy these next few months.