Chapter 3

Marcus -

The next morning after I took care of my hygiene, I threw on a pair of shorts and tee shirt and went to look for Candace. I was kinda upset about the counseling thing and I shouldn't have let my anger out on her. I made my way down stairs and found her in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Hey," I said as I grabbed a glass and poured some orange juice. "Hi," she said as she began beating her eggs. "Baby I just wanted-"
"What you said Marcus hurt and sorry isn't going to fix it, you really hurt me," She said as she poured her eggs in the skillet.

"Baby I know and I'm sorry, i know how much you love MJ, I shouldn't have said that, I was being a jerk I just don't know how to handle shit like this," I said.

I watched her as she took her bacon out the oven. She turned the stove off and stepped in front of me. I put my juice down and grabbed her by her waist. She put her arms around my neck and pecked my lips. "I forgive you but next time I'm gone cut your dick off," she said. I laughed and she gave me the side eye. "Your laughing but I'm so serious, you really hurt my feelings baby," she pouted. I grabbed her by her waist, and gave her several pecks on the lips. "What I gotta do to make it up baby?" I asked as I kissed her again. "Mmm I'll think about your punishment later, but now you need to talk to MJ," she said.

"I will," I replied. "Marcus I'm serious, you need to sit down and have a one on one with your son," she said as she moved over to the counter. "With our son," I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist and sucked on her ear lobe. "Mmmm," she said. "Umma go get MJ up for breakfast," I said. "Okay,"

I headed up stairs and MJ was in the bathroom brushing his teeth. "Hey lil man," I said. He rinsed his mouth and washed his face. "Hey dad," he replied looking on the ground. "You ready to eat?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm starving," he said. "You always starving," I said as I started tickling him. He started laughing. I picked him up and put him on my back.

"What you wanna do today?" I asked. "I don't know," he said. "You wanna go play football," I asked as we entered the kitchen. "Yes!" He cheered. I chuckled and walked over to Candace. He bent down and gave her a peck on the lips. "Morning mommy," he laughed as she started tickling him. "Good morning baby boy," she said as she placed our plates on the tables. I put him in his chair and then gave him a glass on apple juice and a fork.

I sat down for my breakfast and Candace came and sat down in my lap. "Mommy me and daddy going to play football today, wanna come?" MJ asked. "No baby I want you and daddy to have fun today I'm going over grandmas," she said. "Okay can you tell grandma to make me an apple pie?" He asked.

"Boy you don't need no apple pie," I laughed. "Your just mad granny makes them for me and not you," he said making Candace laugh. I gave her the side eye and she kissed my cheek. "Don't be a hater babe, but yes I'll tell her you want an apple pie," she laughed. "Tell her don't make dad one," he laughed. "Really that's how y'all gone do me?" I asked with my arms crossed. "Dad you can't pout like me, I need to school you cause I always get my way when I pout," he laughed.

"Oh really?" Candace asked with her eye brow arched. "Huh!" he yelled towards the door. "Boy ain't nobody in there calling you," Candace said. "Good one," I laughed as I gave him a fist pump. After breakfast we dressed to leave.

"Bye mommy!" MJ yelled as he ran and gave Candace a hug. "Bye baby have fun okay," she said as she gave him a peck on the lips. "Okay I'll bring you something back okay," he said. "Okay, bye babe," she said she pecked my lips. I wrapped my arms around her waist and gave her a longer kiss. "Be safe okay," I said. "I will, and when you get back tonight get ready for me," she said as she licked her lips and grabbed my crotch. I chuckled and smacked her hard on her ass. "I'm always ready," I laughed.

Me and MJ got in the car, and I drove onto the expressway. In less than fifteen minutes we made it to the park. "MJ, I don't really like to talk about what happened with your mom because well I don't really know how to handle that situation," I said as we were sitting on the grass.

"It's okay dad I just thought you were mad at me," he said with his head down. "I'm not mad at all son, I think what you were trying to do was be brave and protect your mom and Candace. It's not your fault that you don't know how to shoot a gun. Your not supposed to know how your a kid, you should be playing and having fun not worrying about how to shoot. I was more so mad at myself for not being their to protect you guys," I said.

"It's not your fault you didn't know daddy, I just got tired of him hitting on mommy everyday, he hit me sometimes to but I was afraid to tell you because he said he would kill you, and make Candace his bitch again," he said.

"Hey don't say that don't ever say Candace and bitch in the same sentence, don't even repeat it, never call any woman a bitch. You got it?"

"Yes, I'm sorry Daddy," he said. "It's okay, you gone be alright man, your mom would be so proud of you, and I know she's smiling down on you right now," I said. He smiled and looked up at the sky.

"Are you going to forget about me when my brother gets here?" He asked. "Forget about you, of course not, your my baby boy, but just know a baby takes a lot of work, he's going to need our attention 24/7. He needs you too," I said.

"He does?" MJ smiled. "Yeah, of course your his big brother. You gotta be there to protect him. Stand up for him,you think you can handle that?" I asked. "Yeah I'll beat somebody up messing with my brother," he smiled.

"Come on, let me show you how to throw this ball," I said as we got up. We spent the whole day running around and playing football. I put him on my back as we walked back to the car. "What you want for dinner?" I asked. "Chinese food," he said.

"That sounds good, what you wanna take Candace?" I asked. "Snickers she likes Chocolate," he said as I buckled his seat belt. "I know," I chuckled. He gave me the side eye and I couldn't help but laugh.

We picked up some Chinese food and made it back home. "Hey baby you have fun today? " she asked as we walked through the door. "Yeah We bought Chinese food! And I got you a snickers," he said as he handed her the Walgreens bag. "Awe thank you baby, granny sent you and daddy both an apple pie," she said as she followed us in the kitchen.

"Yay!" He cheered as I helped him wash his hands in the sink. "You had a good day?" She asked as she pecked my lips. "Yup I missed you," I said as I grabbed her waist. "I missed you too," she said as she gave me a kiss.

We sat down and ate, and then I went to the living room to watch tv. I was watching the game when Candace came and straddled my lap and started sucking on my neck. "Come on baby, I'm trynna watch the game," I laughed. "So," she pouted. I turned the tv off and climbed on top of her. We started kissing and just as it got hot she pulled back and headed up the steps.

"Where you going?" I laughed. "To bed," she giggled as she turned the lights off. "Damn that's what you on baby," I chuckled. "What on earth are you talking about Marcus?" She asked acting innocent. "You getting me all horny and shit and then leaving," I said. "You have two options ether talk to Palmela or Take a cold shower cause you ain't getting nun tonight," she laughed as she went upstairs. "You cold baby for real!" I yelled as I climbed the stairs, she was crazy as hell if she thought I wasn't getting nun tonight.