Chapter 1

Lights were ominous and sirens wailed causing many to cover their ears due to sensitivity. It was night. The time of day where everything goes wrong and the time where no one gets their way. A moment where the moon watches fear and anxiety, anger and diminish, and hate and distrust. Only at night.

Kageyama Tobio- Lover of the night and player of volleyball. He was a part of team Karasuno who were no longer considered the "fallen crows" but were only known as champions. All of that would change, however, at his favorite time of day with his best friend, Hinata Shōyō.

    Earlier that night****

    "Hey Hinata?" The raven eyed boy asked the small sunny boy. "Yeah?" "What is your favorite time of day?" The spiker/middle blocker had to pause in place for a moment trying to choose his answer wisely. "I would say it's when the Sun and the Earth kiss." "You mean Dusk?" Asked the setter like he was told that a carrot was orange or that a blueberry was blue.

    "Ya. I just wanted to sound smart." Hinata Shouyou said with a pout. "Oh Hinata-" The setter started very sympathetic. "Even Tanaka or Nishinoya could beat you in a trivia game! Have you forgotten that they passed their exams and you didn't?" "Hey! You failed too you know!" The orange haired volleyball player yelled. "So what? I'm still better at volleyball than you! I'm also a faster runner!" Kageyama countered. "Oh ya! Well I have 157 wins and only 158 losses! You are only winning by one point! I'm going to make it a tie!" "Wait. Hinata-" "GO!" "HINATA!"

   As the two ran, Kageyama was running behind. "What Kageyama? Too slow to process what's going on? Looks like I am smarter and faster than you! Ha!" But as Hinata turned back around after screaming back at Kageyama, a car was speeding towards him.

    "HINATA!" Kageyama shrieked, running with all his might. Almost as if he was truly able to fly.

    Those few seconds seamed like hours. Everything coming in slowly. Words, lights, colors. Colors. Orange. A happy color, a tasty fruit, the color of sunshine, and the last color Kageyama would see before he saved the very being that represented the sun from being hit with a car.