Back To The Start {Chapter One}

ALEX'S POV:

His mess of chocolate brown curls. That's the first thing I see when I wake up. Then his eyelids flutter open to reveal his hazel eyes. "Gahhh...WHAT THE HECK?!" I whisper-shout. "GOODMORNING!!" he shouts in a deep, sleepy voice.

"IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF COLLAGE SO GET YOUR BUTT OUT OF BED OR ELSE I WILL DO IT FOR YOU!" I groan.

"Harry...tell me again how you convinced me to let you stay with me for the whole fricken semester..." "Not until you get up! Get up, Get UP, GET UP!!" He yells in a childish voice. "Mmf." I mutter. "Fine! Ok? Fine! I'll make you!" He says. He grabs me around my waist, throws me over his shoulder and carries me to the living room, where he gently throws me onto the sofa.

"What's for breakfast?" I say, starting to wake up. Ah, I forgot how much I missed Harry's cooking.

"WAFFLES!!!" He shouts, heading to the kitchen.

You're probably wondering what the heck is going on at this point. I'll introduce myself. My name is Alex, Alex Rosen. I'm a 19 year old girl who has lived my whole life in London! Harry Styles and I have been best friends since we became neighbors as one year olds. We are in collage together, and he will be from now on staying with me during the first semester in each year of collage because his parents are on a business trip for those first months, and I also live by myself now! I'm quite excited about all this, except for the rude awakenings. But I can live with it. And you're probably wondering if I think of Harry as more than a friend. My answer is yes. Just a week ago we became a "couple". Anyway, back to

the story.

I must have dozed off while I was waiting, because all of a sudden I felt myself being lifted into the air again and I jolted awake. I was now hanging upside down while being carried into the dining room.

"Urgh. Sometimes, Styles, I wish you weren't so strong. Then I would still be laying on the couch sleeping." I muttered.

"Oh, you'll thank me when you see my surprise!" He said giddily.

"Why a surprise?" I asked. "Um, Alex? Have you forgotten what day it is?" He said, obviously confused. "Um...first day of collage?" I said, equally confused. "UM, NO!!! IT'S YOUR 19TH BIRTHDAY!! GOSH, ALEX!!" He yelped in shock.

"Ooohhh whoops now I remember hehe...well thanks Hazza!!" Harry puts me down on a chair and there is a delicious feast waiting for me.

"Aweh Haz!! This is so sweet! But I can't eat this all by myself!" I said, overjoyed by the sight of all the food but not wanting to sound like a pig.

"Aha! And that's why I invited Louis!" Harry said, right as the doorbell rang. "And I bet that's him. I'll be right back!" He says, and runs out of the kitchen. I hear a clanging noise, and smirk. He tripped over the pot by the door, for the kajillionth time. "I'm okay!" I hear him call. What an adorable clutz.

Louis Tomlinson is mine and Harry's best friend. We have known him since grade 6, and he's pretty cool. Louis, Harry, and I dream of one day having a band together that uses only there voice, even for the instruments. It'll be lots of fun! So there's three friends in our group. People at school call us the Terrible Trio. But when I'm alone, there's this horrible girl, and she bullies me with words and violence. Her name is Victoria LaBlanc, and she is a stuck up b**ch. She doesn't bother me when Lou and Haz are around though, so that's good.

"Guess who's here?! It's meh!! Happy Birthday Alex!!" Louis hands me a heavy bag. "But don't shake it!!!" He warns. "By the way, this is a combined present. Haz and I saved our money and bought it for you." He says.

"Thanks!" I say happily. I carefully place the bag on the table and open it. I gasped. My eyes widened. I almost forgot what air was. I couldn't believe it. In the bag was an HD Sony Action Camera that I've been wanting for years!!

"OHMERGERDGUYSTHANKSSOFRIGGENMUCH!!!!" I thank them over and over as I hug them like crazy. "Alex, you deserved it, babe!" I blush like crazy. I still can't get used to him calling me babe, and it doesn't help that I blush easily.

"I can't wait to try it out! Maybe I can take some photos of you guys outside by the lake later?" I say excitedly after we're all finished eating, mind reeling with all the possibilities. My number one hobby is filming/photography, and I've been using a crappy old fujifilm camera that was about 10 years old. I'm sure it was good when it was brand new, but...it's not so good anymore.

"We'll have time for that later, love. Let's get to collage, we don't want to be late for our first day!" Harry says, and gives me a quick peck on the cheek. He takes my hand and helps me up. "We'll clear the table, you're the birthday girl! Now go get ready, be down in 20 minutes please." He says sweetly. I get a shivery feeling and I'm positive I was blushing AGAIN.

I quickly turn and stumble up the stairs, but not before I hear Louis laughing hysterically and Harry scolding him. I grin happily. My life felt perfect right now, aside from Victoria. Nothing and no one, not even Victoria, was going to spoil my birthday!

I went to my closet and chose a simple see-through white buttonup blouse, and a bugglegum pink tanktop to go underneath. I picked out some light blue denim short shorts to go with it, because it was still warm out in September in London.

I went to the bathroom and brushed my hair, which had light pink dip-dyed tips.To complete the look, I put on black eyeliner with a winged look and some light pink lipgloss. Then I grabbed my bag and almost tripped while I was running down the stairs.

"I'm ready!" I called, and ran to wait in Harry's car, a black Mazda CX7. We weren't rich, but we were well off.

The boys jumped in too and we were off! This was going to be a great day.

*****Author's Note*****

Hey guys!! Hope that was ok, and interesting enough! More chapters will be coming soon.

Oh and I'm thinking of having a question at the end of every chapter. So here's this chapter's question:

What's a good shipping name for Harry and Alex? Halex? Arry? xD IDK, give me some epic ideas! :D

Thanks so much for reading!

~ Gabby xx <3