My Tour Guide Is Crazy

Hey, it's me, well you knew that I mean who else would it be. To be fair it might have been Matt and he could have kidnapped me and you'd never know, but luckily that's not the case. Well, I've been away for a while, everything's been so hectic and so unbelievably stressful. You might be wondering why I've been so stressed, and if you don't well I don't care I'm going to tell you anyway. Anyway it's one of my friends birthdays and we're trying to sort out an amazing party, and some people are being ridiculously unhelpful, don't know what that might be, *cough Matt cough* honestly, the cats are more helpful than him and they've managed to tear down half of the decorations in the space of an hour. I mean he could at least help with the food, come on it doesn't take a genius to cut some carrot sticks and put them in bowls. That's Matt for you, don't you worry though, I'm used to him doing this. He's not that bad, he's just a bit last from time to time, how he's managed to stay in shape is beyond me. To be fair to him he doesn't particularly like the person we're preparing the party for, sorry I can't tell you who that is, that would be spoilers. You guys don't have to worry it's got nothing to do with the plot of the story, so you're not missing out, plus in this chapter you get to meet some of the best people in my life as well as a cat, you can't forget the cat.

I frowned, looking straight through into a narrow hallway that had oil lamps hanging from the walls, making it seem that I was about to step through time into this Victorian building. The walls were a plain pale cream colour and a large mirror hung on the right side of the wall, taking up most of the space. Golden, what I assumed to be metal, leaves seemed to envelop the edges of the mirror. I glanced around, trying to work out who had opened the door. I would never have worked it out if it wasn't for the faint meowing I could hear from below me. I turned my gaze to focus on the small animal below. It looked straight back at me with bright, sparkling blue eyes that seemed to bask in all of the attention I was giving the small feline. I slowly crouched down, in an attempt to not spook the animal away. The look it gave couldn't have been further away from fear, it looked at me as if I was the dirt beneath its feet like I wasn't worth its full attention, opting to clean it's self instead, completely ignoring my presence.

"Don't feel too bad, she does that to everyone" a voice said above me. I jump slightly, startled, and looked to see an old woman, with greying hair standing before, a kind smile playing on her face. She was rather thin, with her hair pulled back into a tight bun and thin glasses placed upon her nose. She had warm green eyes that were looking down at me, laughter dancing in the pale green orbs.

I rose to my feet so that I was eye level with her and able to have a proper conversation. She was slightly taller than me, managing to look slightly menacing, even with her warm features. I noticed the cat wrap it's tail around her right leg, purring contently.

"Welcome to Oikoyeveia Manor, you do not need to be afraid here for we are all family here" I couldn't tell if she meant literally or was just trying to make me feel better.

"What is this place?" I asked. This question had been playing on my mind from the moment we arrived. The woman laughed lightly as if she got asked this all of the time.

"This is a place of sanctuary and learning for all people like you" like me, did she mean descended from Gods, were there more people like me?

"We are all related to the gods one way or another here, it's what keeps us together," the woman told me as if she had read my mind. So everyone here was related to the Gods, did that mean they had the same kind of powers that I did?

"We are here to protect those related to the gods from the world outside" the woman continued "We are here to teach youngsters about their abilities and the dangers that may come with them" ok great so I'm not the only one with these strange powers, but do all of them have a strange voice in their head telling them what they are meant to be doing or did that just come with being the chosen one? I had someone many questions that I didn't know where to start and I just listened as the lady droned on and on about monsters and Gods. I knew I should have been listening, and it would probably come back to bite me in the ass later, but I had never been good at that. I finally zoned back in when the woman had turned her attention onto Matt.