My best friend is useless

So where did we leave off? Oh yes, I remember I had just set fire to my school and was so confused. I didn't know what was going on and I wasn't receiving any answers from Matt. All he said was to go home tell my mum and not leave the house unless I have to. Thank you, Matt, for that worthless advice. I can see him shaking his head. He knows it's true no matter what he says. He just left me outside my house with no explanation and said that he needed to sort some stuff out. We had been attacked and he had to sort some things out. Let me tell you I was not happy and I may have said a few curse words as he drove off, but I mean who wouldn't. Don't try and deny it, yeah I'm looking at you. So now we get to the point where this chapter kicks off. I'd given in swearing at Matt and decided to head inside, I mean it was winter and the weather was freezing. Here's where the chapter kicks off, me home alone sitting on the sofa with a hot chocolate in my hand and my laptop resting on my leg.

I scrolled down the page I was looking at, whilst taking a sip of my drink. I was trying to work out what exactly had attacked me. The only animal I could find that was remotely similar to what I had seen was a hell hound, it was an Ancient Greek monster. At that moment I wished I had paid more attention to those history lessons, as I had no idea what I was reading. Google images weren't helping either, it kept showing me pictures of the grim from Harry Potter. I finally found a decent website that I hope would tell me what a hell hound was. It said that it was a form of a dog with glowing red eyes and a foul odor, so far that seemed to match what I had seen. It seemed to have originated from Ancient Greece as a dog owned by the God, Hades. I wasn't a religious person, I had been to church before and been told to pray but I only did that when I was younger. I believe in anything now, I'd never been given a reason to with all the bad luck I've been given. I've fallen in three ponds, don't ask how, been kicked out of two schools and for some reason, people seem to die around me. I think that's the worst part, it made me scared to get close to people for a while thinking that maybe it was my fault when they died. I don't believe that ideology anymore, you can't kill someone just by knowing them, but I excluded myself from society for about two years and felt like everything was my fault. I know it wasn't now but I did then. To me, all this made me believe that there couldn't be any gods in the world or they wouldn't allow the suffering that went on throughout the world.

I looked closely at the image shown on the website and froze, ice seemed to flow through my body as the horror sank in. The image on the scene was the same monster I had seen in the corridor earlier that day. The same shaggy black hair and the glowing red eyes, oh god the eyes, the ones that seemed to pierce into your very soul and know everything about you in that split second it saw you. I couldn't breathe, it was like I was being chocked by the smoke again, trying to gasp at any air I could. I closed my eyes, maybe not seeing the picture would help me breathe. I guess it did in a way I was able to calm down and take deep breaths. I slowly opened my eyes and took a long look at the picture in front of me taking in every detail that I saw, from the long claws to the sharp teeth. Yes, this was the monster I saw. But what did this mean? I couldn't for the life of me make sense of this situation, if only Matt had stayed back and explained it to me rather than running off, claiming that he had to do something important. I sighed and leaned back on the sofa, taking a big swig of my drink, shutting the lid if my laptop as I did so. Since when had life been this complicated, in all my fifteen years life had never sucked as much as it did right now. I had no idea what was going on, Matt had decided that I shouldn't know and just torture me with the fact that he knows and I don't. My mum hadn't arrived home from work yet so I couldn't talk to her, and even if I did have a friend, other than Matt, how do explain to them you've been attacked by a massive dog that might or might not belong to Greek Mythology. Plus there was the fact that I had heard a voice in my head, I'm not crazy I know it was real, telling me what to do while freezing time, cause that's a normal day.