Theres a Minotaur in my back garden

I told you it wouldn't be long, I hope you didn't miss me too much. I tell what though, pizza night was the best, if you haven't had one you should definitely try it out, unless you don't like pizza, then you're on your own. A film marathon as well watched all of the Harry Potters. You don't care about that you wanna know what's going to happen next. I don't blame you I can relate. I mean I went through it, so actually I take that back I can't relate, I can pretend to if that helps. I always do that with Max, I mean I have to act like I care what he's talking about. Don't tell him I said yet, I'd rather not have him chase me down with a sword. Trust me that's not on my bucket list. I've been thinking lately I should start learning the guitar, don't ask where that idea came from. Knowing me by the end of the day the guitar would probably be up in flames. You don't want to hear about this do you, no, you want to know what's going to happen next. Well, it's not long now until we get to the good bit, just be patient because I promise you it's worth it.

I had a fresh mug of hot chocolate in my hands, but I couldn't even bring my self to even sip the warm drink. Too many thoughts were rushing through my head, I mean don't get me wrong I was glad my mother knew, but what now? What do I do? I was lost, I couldn't see a way out, what if more monsters come? What if one of them hits mum? But one question stood out over the others, one that would keep me up through the night. Why me? Out of all the people in the world, why did it have to be me? Maybe it was my bad luck that caused this or something else entirely, but all I knew was that I didn't want this. I hated this, my life was at risk and I had no idea why. I had no one to go to who had all the answers. I know my mum knew more than she was letting on, but I knew she wouldn't tell, she'd use the same excuse, I'd have to wait until I'm sixteen. Well, I might not make it to sixteen with the way things are going I think it'd be a miracle. 

What didn't help was the fact that I had destroyed that beast, so what did that make me? Was I a monster? Is that why they were here, to stop me? Was I a danger to others, wait no, I was a danger to others. What I did to that beast proved it, I could have hurt so many people, I guess it was just luck that I didn't. Huh, maybe I would finally get some good luck in my life, although I feel that was wishful thinking. Times like this made me wish that Matt was with me, to tell me how silly I was being and tell that I wasn't a monster, but no, he left to god knows where. He was always good at comforting me, even though he didn't like touching people his words seemed to soothe me, no matter what the situation was. He wasn't here. I was alone with no one to talk to, no one to understand the pain I was feeling, sure my mums great but there's only so much she can do. I needed someone who understood me, who had gone through something like this, but who on this planet had experienced what I had done. Matt was my closest option, he knew more than he was letting on, he was there, he had a sword for goodness sake. That meant he knew what we were facing, what was going on, but he left. He left me alone with so many questions left unanswered, questions I needed to know the answer to.

My thoughts were interrupted by a door opening I looked up to see my mother come back into the room, she had left after I had told her what happened, telling me she needed to get something from her bedroom. In her had was a small box, I was confused, what on earth could be in that box that was so important. I wanted to ask, but decided against it, knowing I would find out in a second. She sat next to me on the sofa, making it sink slightly, I curled up close resting my head in her shoulder whilst making sure that I had a good view of the box. She turned to me a sad smile playing on her lips, the same sad smile that appeared on her face whenever my father was involved.
"Cosimia, I've been keeping a secret from you your whole life, a secret I was planning to keep until you were sixteen" my mother paused, trying to decide what she should say next "but under the recent events that have hap-"
"You mean me getting attacked at school and it burning down" I interrupted her. She sent a glare in my direction and I immediately closed my mouth.
"As I was saying" she continued "yes I did mean you being attacked, I think that much was obvious, but all of this has to do with your father"