Ice cream solves all problems

Hey guys good to see you again, or I should say good to write to you again. I left the last chapter at quite a big shock, I know I'm sorry. I know how annoying it is when you discover something new and then it just ends and you want to know what's happened, but never fear I'm back. I've had quite a busy time here, we're getting for a festival here, I can't tell you what it is, as that would be spoilers. It's safe to say I've had my hands full though, but nothing can keep me away from talking with you guys. Well, I guess some things could like being kidnapped or killed. If either of those things happened to me I'd find it rather hard to carry on writing. Anyway, I won't keep you any longer as I know you'd much rather read the story rather than listen to me talk, so I won't keep you.

Several minutes had passed since I had slain the Minotaur and I had confirmed that my father was Hades. I wasn't sure what to do at that moment, so I did what came naturally I walked to the kitchen, or what was left of it, went in the fridge and took out the tub of ice cream. I then took one of the spoons that lay on the floor, the drawer where we kept all the cutlery had been smashed, and walked over to the remanence of the sofa, sat down opening the tub of ice cream as I went. When I had sat down I used the spoon to get a big dollop of the ice cream and placed it in my mouth. I felt the sofa sag further down and turned to see that my mother had joined, with a spoon of her own. We ate in silence, we didn't need any words to convey our emotions. Before long they were nothing but an empty tub. To my surprise, it was my mother that broke the silence first.
"I always wanted to tell you, I hope you know that I was just scared. I was scared, scared of what you'd think what you'd say" I stared at the tub blankly, much like a Minotaur had when he had seen the hole in the floor. I guess the craziness of this situation had finally hit me. It was crazy, I was a child of a God, a Greek one to add to that. Yesterday I thought I was normal, going to school like a normal person would, hanging out with my friend like normal people do. Now all of that had changed, now my life was at risk and I was this so-called chosen one, whatever that meant.
"I know" I responded, I did know, I did understand. I mean if I hadn't seen what I had today I would think my mother was crazy for telling me I was the child of Hades. I would probably debate having her see a physiatrist or something like that. Before all this happened I was the kind of person who had to see something to believe it, after today I knew that would all change.

My mother seemed relieved that I had understood her, understood her motives behind everything. She had a small smile playing on her face and she seemed to be breathing a little easier. She still seemed a little shaken up over what happened, but then who wouldn't be.
"I knew you could do it" that caught my attention and l lifted my head the look at her, the small smile had transformed into a large grin, her eyes were sparkling with pride. I couldn't help but smile too, her grin was so contagious. She raised her hand and ruffled my hair, I let out a noise of disapproval and tried to flatten my hair that she had messed up. A bubble of laughter escaped my mum's lips and before long she had thrown her head as her laughter shook her entire body. It wasn't that funny, but after what had happened I guess we needed a good laugh.

It took us a few minutes to calm down and even then you could still see the residue of our tears, caused by our laughter. I took a deep gulp of air trying to get my breathing under control.
"I wish we could stay like this forever" I whispered. My mum looked at me with understanding, how nice it would be if we could forget everything that had just happened and lay on this sofa with some ice cream, but we couldn't. I knew everything would change now, nothing would ever be the same. I felt my mum stroke my hair, she used to do this when I was younger, whenever I had a nightmare, it always comforted me. I realised that feeling hadn't changed, I still felt this warm comforting feeling corse through my body, a feeling that made me feel safe, a feeling only a mother can bring to you.

Never underestimate the power of ice cream, it's power is beyond imaginable. Sorry, I had to do it, but it does amaze me what ice cream can do. How rude of me I haven't said hi. Hi again guys, I know I'm interrupting you, geez you must find me so annoying. You guys can't deny the power of ice cream, it has the power to solve any situation, unless someone's planning to kill you, in that situation I'm not sure how helpful ice cream might be. I've heard frying pans are good, I mean if you've seen any film it seems a frying pan does more damage to a person than a gun. I've always thought to myself that my weapon of choice should be a frying pan, I mean that's how most people defeat their enemy, not with a sword or gun, but with a frying pan. Honestly, I don't understand why the heroes of films don't just have a frying pan as that's what they're probably going to end up using to defeat the villain. Whoops, I got a bit sidetracked there, whenever I bring up frying pans I go off on a bit of a rant. Although that's something not entirely uncommon for me, as I think you've probably worked out. Well all wanted to do was say my line about ice cream and instead, I ended talking about frying pans, what has my world come to?