Chapter Six

We had sat down at the miniature dining table, with me sitting in front of Stephen so that the guys couldn’t kick each other, leaving Trevor in front of Debbie. The silence was torturous and so I decided to try and cut the tension by speaking.

“So…how’s business at Carlson and Zane going?” I questioned, picking up one of the glasses filled with lemonade. I was glad that Debbie had remembered that I didn’t drink alcohol, since it saved me the trouble of reminding her.

“It’s fine.” He replied shrugging, and watching Trevor who was texting someone on his phone.

“How’d you know where he works?” Trevor whispered in my ear, his eyes fixed on Stephen.

“I went to see her at work, that’s how she knows,” Stephen interrupted as I opened my mouth only to have to close it.

“I don’t think I was talking to you Spencer,” Trevor retorted, making me smile slightly.

“Its Stephen hunch back of Notre Dam,” Stephen corrected, placing both elbows on the table.

“What did you call me?” Trevor hissed his face turning into the scary face that I had seen in the taxi when Stephen had first appeared. Red and angry. I quickly placed my hand on his chest, saying things to calm down and in the corner of my eye, saw Stephen smirking.

Ever since he had been here, I hadn’t seen him smile, not once and that was always what had got my attention back in college. Thinking of something to distract Trevor as they argued fiercely, I placed my lips gently on his, attempting to pull away straight after, only for him to pull me even closer, easily parting my lips and slipping his tongue into my mouth causing me to moan in surprise. This seemed to urge him on as he attempted to deepen the kiss whilst pulling me on top of his lap. A cough snapped me back to my senses, causing me to pull myself away from a smirking Trevor, making me smile in embarrassment and horrification.

“How did you get on top his lap? Actually, don’t tell me. Since Trevor already has some of your lip gloss on his lips, I could only guess that you guys were making out. Sorry you had to see that Stephen.” Debbie apologised, setting our plates on the table in front of us. I quickly removed myself from Trevor’s lap, playfully glaring at him when tried to hold me in my place. I tried my hardest not to let my gaze fall onto Stephen, feeling the awkwardness from what had just happened, but I couldn’t lie and say that I hadn’t enjoyed it. I mean Trevor was my fiancé and I loved him so I shouldn’t feel guilty anyway. Dinner went by slowly and Debbie’s freshly ordered Chinese was delicious as usual.

“I’ll help you clean up,” I insisted, standing up and ignoring her protests as I picked up my plate and Trevor’s, narrowing my eyes at him as I felt his fingers slowly trailing up my bare legs. Chuckling, making him look sexy as always, he withdrew his hand and leaned back, watching my every movement as Stephen was doing to him.

“I’ll help you with the rest of the plates,” Stephen suggested, standing up and collecting both his and Debbie’s plate before I could protest. I saw Trevor’s teeth clench in the corner of my eye as he glared at Stephen who had a small smile on his lips.

“Thanks both of you,” Debbie thanked us, a cute smile on her face causing her dimples to deepen as her hazel eyes glowed with happiness. Picking up the plates with one hand, Stephen brushed a loose blond strand of hair behind Debbie’s face making her blush terribly.

“I’ll be right back,” Stephen purred, heading towards the kitchen, taking lead. Annoyed, I followed behind him and placed the plates in the sink, barging him out of the way.