Chapter 25: When all hell broke loose

Mulai dari awal

"They are working on stabilizing her, we won't know until we get to the hospital." A paramedic said while trying to clean my wounds. I couldn't care less about me; I needed to see her, to know she's going to be alright. The impact was on the back but it was more at her side.

I ignored the paramedic who was assisting me and began to walk towards the ambulance were she was being placed. I hopped on the ambulance and we were off.

Please, please don't die on me, please. That's all I could think about. Watching her, lying there unconscious and pale made me so nervous I wanted to throw up. F*ck! I felt something warm run down my face and I wiped it thinking it was blood but when I saw it, it was clear. Am I crying? I've never cried before, not that I remember of. Not even when my parents broke up, not when my father left, or when I saw my brother resembling a pile of sh*t due to drugs...but her. I can't stand the thought of losing her. I won't accept it.

After what felt like an eternity, we finally arrived to the hospital. When they took her behind doors marked as personnel only, one of the nurses stopped me and told me to go to the waiting room. I gritted my teeth in rage but did as she says. I didn't want to get kicked out without knowing what's going to happen to her. That's when I noticed that my phone was vibrating in my pocket. I took it out and saw an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Drake!" I heard a female voice at the other end of the line. "Thank God! Where's Emily? Why isn't she picking up her phone? Her brothers are looking for her! They found out she's not here!"

"Tori...we had an accident" I stopped when I heard her gasp.

"Are you guys ok? Is Emily okay?!" She began to ask frantically.

"I don't know yet. We are on our way to the hospital." I've never felt so helpless in my life. Watching her lying there, lifeless was the most horrifying thing I've ever seen.

I can't lose her.

F*ck! I grasped my phone so hard I heard it crack. "Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God! I'm on my way." With that she hung up.

God please...save her...

~~~~~

I was pacing back and forth on the waiting room since they didn't let me get in when I heard a commotion at the entrance. That's when I saw four guys bursting through the door. They all had the same look on their face, and I knew that face quite well, a face full of dread, concern and helplessness.

Then, what I assume is the oldest spoke to the nurse at the reception. "Emily Hart?"

"She was just admitted, sir. We still haven't got any news." Nothing I haven't heard before, since I asked her the same thing a couple of minutes ago.

"You!" I heard one of them yell and turned to look at him. "You are the guy she was with right?" His face changed to pure anger. The other three showed their confusion and shifted their look between me and him. "She wasn't at Tori's. She was with him!" He raised his voice trying to make them understand.

I straighten up and faced them. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, but I didn't expect it to be like this.

"Brody, how the hell do you know that?" The tallest one asked.

"Because I saw him leaving our house when I got home some time ago." He hissed getting angrier by the second.

"You saw that and you didn't say anything?!" Another one asked matching his anger.

"Now is not the time to be arguing about that." What I still assume is the eldest said calmly but there was a dangerous tone in his voice. "Is that true? Was Emily with you?" He directed both questions at me.

"Yes" I answered quickly but not lowering my defenses. I watched them cautiously trying to figure out how the hell I would manage to take four guys at the same time. And f*ck me, they look like they all could take me separately. I still would to it...for her. "I'm Drake. Emily's boyfriend."

I swear I heard something snap and all their faces resembled the one the first one have.

"What the f*ck do you mean her boyfriend?!" The tallest one asked.

"Just what you heard."

One of them let out a humorless laugh. "No you aren't."

"And who the f*ck do you think you are telling me I can't be?"I know it's not the best thing to say in this situation but the pr*ck was getting on my nerves.

"Her f*cking brother, assh*le! And I would watch my language if I were you, you don't know what the f*ck I could do!" He got close to my face but one of them was trying to pull him back.

"Jake! Calm the f*ck down!"

"Listen" The eldest walked up to me. "I don't want you near her, f*ck, I don't even want you breathing the same air as her. I won't allow her to get hurt. She has been through enough! It won't happen again." His tone showed finality in it, but I was not having any sh*t now. I'm not going to abandon her just because these assh*les say so.

"No, you listen to me! I know she has been hurt over and over again, but I won't let her face all that sh*t alone! So you better get use to me motherf*cker 'cause I ain't going nowhere." I growled at the last part. The anger that I was trying to suppress was now coming like flashes of lightning.

"F*ck this!"

Was the last thing I heard before all hell broke loose.

_________________________________________________________

Dedicated to my awesome friend she_y_na on her birthday, Happy Birthday! I know this is not the part you are expecting but at least is something! ;p

P.S. Tori's wacky personality comes from her :) Yeah, she's crazy like that.

Kim <3