Chapter 8: The fluffernutter fiasco

Someone up there must really hate me or really wants me there soon. I don't really know why because I haven't done anything exceptionally good during my time, except tutoring, and right now that's what going to send me straight to hell. Ok, back to reality! Quick Emily, say something!

"I-um...that's...er-um" Oh, for the love of the one-that-wants-me-there-soon. Say something!

"That's mine!" Oh thank God! I seriously need to pay her back. I felt like all the blood was returning to my face.

"Yours?" Nate frowned and looked at the book. "Why does it has Drake Hunter written on the cover?"

"Oh, well...that's because-well..." Tori stuttered. No, no, no, no, my brain's still out of blood to create some sort of excuse yet!

Mason rolled his eyes. "I borrowed it from a friend, and Tori took it without asking me." He looked at me like saying 'I better be off the hook now'.

Now I have to pay him back too. I swear this tutoring thing is going to be the end of me.

"Ok, well here you go." Nate handed the book to Mason. "Sorry, I kind of spilled a little coffee on it."

"A little...?" Mason took the book between his thumb and index finger examining it. The book was dripping coffee. "Oh, well, he won't mind."

"Nate, you coming tomorrow?" Jake decided to end the nonsense conversation we were having, thankfully.

"To the mall?" Jake nodded once and went to look for a video game that's in front of the tv set. "Nah man, I won't be able to. Sorry Emily, I have to work tomorrow and then I have to hand in an investigation work that was due on Thursday."

"On Thursday? I thought you said that professor was a hard-ass," I asked curiously.

"Yup, just working up my charm," he said smugly while sitting and placing his feet on the coffee table that I just cleaned!

"Ugh, that's disgusting. And get your feet off the table; I just cleaned it," I said kicking his feet from it. "Oh, and you owe me a present." I stuck my tongue out and sat next to him.

"Sure thing, bun butt." He threw his arm around me. I snapped my head towards him, narrowing my eyes.

"You too, Fluffernutter?" The story of this one? Well, my dearest brother here apparently decided to please his girlfriend with her favorite snack of all times, as she so cheerfully put it. The only change in it is that he decided to be the bread in the mix. Let's just say that her father got home earlier than expected and he had to leave with nothing but fluffernutter mix, all over his body.

"Okay, second disgusting thing of the night, again brought to you by our sweetest, Emily Hart everybody," Brody interjected before anybody asked for the story. My brothers found it disgustingly amusing, once. Due to the fact that they were the ones to go and pick him up hidden behind a bush a couple of streets from his girlfriend's house. Thank God she called them or he would've never been able to keep his cop job.

"Yeah, thanks Em, for reminding me of the torturing hours of trying to clean that shit off of my car," Jake added while taking out the game and placing it on the Xbox. "Right, enough of that shit. Who wants to play COD?"

"Me. I sure need to find my balls after losing them with that movie." Matty stood up and grabbed one of the controllers.

"Me too. We'll take turns." Brad left Tori's side and sat on the floor to wait for his turn.

"Hey, that movie was aca-awesome," Mason joked. That movie really was good, but my macho brothers would die before admitting it. They think that a movie that's got too much singing it's either childish or gay.

"You brought it, Mason." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Okay, now that the boys are all settled here. Let's go upstairs so you can help me on something." Tori stood up and grabbed my arm tugging me towards the stairs.

"Aw, Tori, I really wanted to play," I complained. I really loved this game and beating my brothers was the thrill of my life. Yeah, I was that good.

"Come on Emily! It's time for that payback," she whispered at the end. I knew she helping me was going to come back and bite me in the ass. And here I was rejoicing because she already completed her quota.

"Fine," I reluctantly said as I went upstairs to my room.

"Alright, ask away," I said after closing the door.

"Is there something going on between you and Drake?" she asked smirking and lying on my bed while supporting her head with both of her hands.

I gave a big sigh of defeat. "Honestly, I don't know. I mean one minute we are biting our heads off, and on the next we are having a civilized conversation. I do not know where to stand with that boy. He's so-so..."

"Edible, hot, has the ass of a god gorgeous?" she eagerly asked.

"I was looking for frustrating, but you were definitely close," I said sarcastically.

"The question is, do you like him?" she asked now taking a more serious approach. I sat next to her and thought of her question.

"I don't know. He's hot, like you wouldn't know that, but there's more to him. It's like I know him from somewhere," I said and shook my head, "also, it doesn't matter if I start to like him more than a friend -if he ever becomes one- I know nothing can happen."

"Why not?"

"Well, we have an agreement."

"What kind of agreement? You never mentioned this to me before." Now she was taking this seriously and sat crossing her legs.

"Well, before we began the tutoring we came to an agreement. He was going to go by my rules like, not being here while my brothers were, and in exchange I agreed to not being seen with him at school or any other public space."

Tori frowned and seem to think for a minute. "That's weird. I can't think of a reason of why he would ask for that."

I scoffed. "I do. I'm a loser. I honestly wouldn't judge him."

"Girl please, you and I know that's a lie. You are a wonderful person who any guy would kill to have by his side." She threw her arm around me, trying to comfort me.

I drastically turned my head on every direction. "You're lying Tori, I don't see 'em anywhere." I smiled at her trying to lift the mood. I didn't want her to feel bound to tell me that. I know what I am. I accepted it a long time ago.

After an awkward silence, I stood up. "Are you planning to stay for the night?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, we all are if that's okay with you." She also stood up and we both walked to the door. "Of course you can stay, you are also invited if you want to come with us to the mall. I wouldn't mind anymore presents." I sheepishly smiled at her.

She laughed. "Sure you wouldn't, but I promised my mom I would help her with the laundry in the afternoon." She wrinkled her nose. That's something she definitely hated to do.

"Oh right, well those nasty thongs won't clean themselves." She hit my arm playfully.

"I can always have you clean them for me. You owe me that much, bun butt." She winked and hurriedly went downstairs.

Oh no, now some serious shit is going down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey lovelies! Here's another update for you. I know, I'm awesome, lol.

Thank you for reading!

Kim