Chapter 25: When all hell broke loose

Darkness...was surrounding me...I felt like I was drifting slowly. My body felt numb. Darkness such an awful word yet so peaceful.

Emily

What a beautiful voice...

Emily

Sounds almost like...

Emily!

Drake? Suddenly I realized that the voice that began to sound like a lullaby was now in full-blown-panic. My body felt like it was sucked backwards and collided with something hard.

The pain...was unbearable. My ears started ringing almost leaving me deaf. That was nothing compared to the throbbing pain coming from my forehead. I tried to raise my hand to touch it but felt a surge of panic when I couldn't.

I tried to open my eyes but the same darkness was withholding me from doing so. I tried to scream but my throat felt like it was shut and no noise came out.

Emily...please...

The pleading in his tone was heartbreaking. That's when I gathered all the strength that I had and tried to open my eyes. It was all a blur and the air was filled with white particles, like when you go crazy and throw baby powder everywhere.

A dark figure was looming over me and when my eyes focused I noticed Drake.

He had a cut on his forehead and was bleeding lightly but it didn't look like something major. I took my surroundings and remembered that we were in Drake's car. My head was resting on the dashboard and the faint sound of a siren brought it all back to me. We were at the beach and while driving back to Tori's we got into a car crash.

"Thank God!" Drake breathed out. His whole demeanor changed from death-worried to extreme-guilt. "I'm so sorry, please, please stay with me..." His pain was reflected on his face like a mirror. I wanted to tell him that it was not his fault and hug him to erase the pain. I couldn't hold it anymore and a tear escaped my eye. I still couldn't talk but I managed to nod slightly in order to give him an answer, hoping that it would ease his pain or comfort him in some way.

The sirens where now so close that I felt like my head would literary crack from the pressure it was forcing.

"Drake..." I tried to speak but it came all crooked. I tried to close my eyes trying to regain any possible strength left in my body, but I felt like the darkness was claiming my conscience again.

"No, no, no! Emily please, stay with me!" Drake's shouting would've felt like someone was hammering the insides of my brains seconds ago, but now it was like his voice was so far away I barely could make anything else he was saying.

Suddenly, my mind went numb and the darkness overtook me again.

~~~~~~

Drake's POV

"No!" This cannot be happening! "Emily!!" I tried to shake her awake but felt someone pulled one of my arms.

"Sir, you need to step away. We need to check you." Check me?! She's the one drifting off!

"Check her!! Forget about me and check her!!" I tried to pulled away and shove the motherf*cker but he wouldn't budge. Then it was someone else helping him to pull me away.

"Sir you need to calm down. There are people helping her. But we need to know her name and yours." I reluctantly got out of the car but kept a watch on her.

"Emily Hart, Drake Hunter. Is she going to be okay?" I watched desperately as the paramedics placed her on the gurney and strapped her while someone placed a mask of oxygen on her face.