Chapter 3

Lora spun around to face a tall lean man, who was casually standing toward them hand in his pocket. The man was nicely dressed and looked like he was just on some sort of luxury business trip. His black hair was slicked back, except for a few strands that jumped into his eyes. His blue eyes were sharp and clear, cutting, and gazed toward the two waiting for an answer. A playful smirk danced on his lips. "Adriano..." the brunette whispered in some type of fear and shock, backing up behind Valentine, clutching onto his arm tightly. Though, Valentine didn't notice, his harsh gaze fixed on the nicely dressed man before him.

The blond glared at the man, fists clenched. He didn't seem to be carrying a gun, but men like him were full of secrets. "c'mon I want to know..." he mused teasingly, stepping gracefully toward the two. His steps were slow, one after another like some sort of stalking cat. His smile was fake, trying to beckon them into his arms. Valentine protectively pushed Lora back. "Are you... crazy? ...Mad? How about... Whats a good word? Terrified?" He let out a laugh as Valentine tried to talk over it.

"I know your here to kill me, not insult me. Get it over with." Valentine snapped, in more of a boxing stance, hoping it might protect t him in some way. The other half his brain thought otherwise, thinking it was only going to get him killed by this man. Adriano raised an eyebrow, questioning the blond. His charming smile turning into a disappointed frown. The blond had a hard stare at he man, despite his fear trying to get him to run. He really did, he would have left Lora behind too. He forgot all about Lora.

"Mr. Gray, I'm letting you off with a warning... If you run, your going to be killed in some other place by some other hand.... once they find you...... if they find, when you play your cards right. If you do play your cards right You AND Lora are free. If you don't run now, I'll kill you here." he lifted his hand from his pocket to reveal a hand gun. "Without a chance to breath...without a chance to run... " The gun made a clicking sound to signal it was ready for fire and it wasn't going to be toyed with. Valentine's heart raced in the process.

Adriano's eyes were sharp now, his gun pointed at the boxer's head. Not a twitch of the hand, not even a move. It was steady, and waiting. When no one answered he started a count down, "Ten.... Nine.... Eight~"

The numbers seemed to take affect on the female, and Lora latched onto Valentine and dragged him away. "go. Go!" she hissed once again. Valentine turned without her help, and trotted off out of the small patch of land and onto a sidewalk. He looked back at Adriano, who still had his gun pointed at them. Lora gave one last look behind Valentine, her lip being bitten down on. Before she spun aorund and clutched her hand over her racing heart.

Valentine ripped his arm off Lora's grasp and shoved his hands into his pocket. His eyes focused on the ground. "well--"

"I hate you... with every fiber of my being." The brunette hissed, crossing arms while she stormed in front of him. She didn't even look back to say it, she kept walking. Valentine raised an eyebrows as she soon started a rant. "I may have been sorry before, but now you really done it. Why cant you do as your told? If you did whatever int was the mafia told you to do, you wouldn't be on their hit list and neither will I. now you brought me into this bloody mess,and already it has ruined my home, my belongings, my friends, and myself! Valentine Gray, you better be taking me to my personal heaven, because this... Is the worst day of my life...." she said, getting shaky toward the end of her rant. In fact, she started to tear up as well.

Valentine sighed, and rubbed the back of his sore blond head. What was he going to say now? How could he argue with such a statement like that? He wasn't angry, more like regretting."Lora..."

"What?" she growled, turning to glare at him. This caught him a little by surprise, especially seeing the tears form at her eyes. That was never good.