Chapter 1 [Edited]

Hey my wonderful fans who love Mafia as much as I do. I hope you like this atleast a bit enough to encourage me by voting and commenting~ also please enjoy my story!! And a warning... I know ... little about boxing and even less about what happens in Britain, so please dont ... mock me or anything. If you see something that needs to be fixed you TELL me! Thanks lovies, on with the show

___________________________________________________________________________

Valentine was in love with boxing. He loved what he did on a daily basis. Almost everyday he was punching people clear across the face, winning each match like the pro boxer he was. He enjoyed it, and he enjoyed the challenge. The roar of his fans was always welcome. It was what he loved.

"We want you to throw the match."

"what?!" Valentine exclaimed, turning away from his locker. He was facing several men in black suits, one of which looked to be surrounded by the rest of them like they were body guards. Which they were. Valentine quickly guessed it was him who said it. How he hated the Mafia.

"you heard me." he repeated, smirking as he did so. A fake smirk at that. "Loose. The. Match."  The man said again, with the "no funny business" tone of voice. Valentine winced at this, when all the men around him gave the blond harsh evil glares.

Valentine brushed back his shoulder length blond hair, a questioning glare from his blue eyes. "why?" he asked coldly, shutting his locker door with a loud slam. This seemed to take no intimidation affect with the lean Italian man.

"Let's just say we bet against you, with... A tons of important money. Just this one fight. No harm." he stated waving a small hand as if shooing away a fly. He didn't seem to realize, this was Valentine's chance to become a world champion. Valentine took some mental notes on his looks for future reference. He was short, his face was wrinkled and and square. His hair was balding, yet the hair was pushed desperately over said bald spot, an unusual look for the head of the Mafia. "Hopefully you will make the right choice." he said, nonchalantly walking away with his group of men. The men shuffled around him as they walked out of the locker room, forcing Valentine to glare at them. Once they were gone for good, Valentine's mind flooded.

Loose the match? How could Valentine possibly loose the match. He was in a winning steak, one more to claim himself champion of the world!! There was no possible way he could pass this up. If he did he may never get the chance again. It just wanst possible. He could easily beat his current opponent in one good punch. His fans, so many fans were eager to see him win tonight. Their would be riots in his name, they'd be so upset he'd get haters. Valentine was not going to pass this up, nor would he let himself get caught by the mafia.

"Val! Those men weren't intimidating you, were they?" cried a deep bass voice. In walked Valentine's trainer, Issac, a short bald man with a huge nose and a huge temper. Valentine always thought of him as some type of troll, just a bit prettier than one. A flow of cigar smoke fallowed after him, making Valentine graon a bit. Issac wasnt going to take this one to easily. Let alone let Valentine win.

Valentine chuckled, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly, how was he going to say this without sounding crazy? "They told me to ...throw the match,Issac." he mumbled, leaning against his locker just as Issac started swearing and looking ready to punch them for Valentine. "woaw there, Issac, that was the leader of the Romano Family. Dont let them catch you saying those things." The blond mused, grabbing his gloves to get ready for the match. Issacs face suddenly went pale. hiss angered fists dropped to his sides. Valentine started his walk out to the ring as he said, "I plan on winning." in a cocky voice.

Issac grabbed Valentine before he could walk away, spinning him around harshly and pulling Valentine to his eye level.. "Are you crazy, Val? The Romano family is famous for merciless killing! You'll get yourself killed." Issac said harshly in a whisper like there was someone waiting for them now. Which their probably was, knowing the Romano Family. As much as Valentine wanted to tell him it was ok, the worry in Issac's voice stopped him from saying so. No use lying, right?