(9) Six Mistakes

Dan's P

Dan's P.O.V.

He didn't know what love was. And my first mistake was falling in love with him. I gave him the power to ruin me. I hated this feeling, and I can't get rid of it. I wanted to love him, but I was too afraid, but I let him in anyway. 

I told him I needed him, how I have always wanted something like this, how I saw the world in his eyes. This was my second mistake.

The next was taking him home. I kissed him and I wanted it to last forever. But then things escalated. It all happened so quickly. 

As we were laying there I found the constellations on his back from his freckles, wishing he would never leave me, but you cant wish on stars that aren't bright. He may have been every colour, but that didn't make him shine. And I realised that too late, and that was my fourth mistake. 

I was falling too fast for him. The idea of who I thought he was, and it was tearing me apart. And this was my fifth mistake.

My last mistake was believing him when he said he loved me. He said the scars on my wrists showed me how strong I was, and to not be ashamed. And I believed him. 

When I woke up the morning after to find him gone, and a note that said "Goodbye, Little Flower." I thought he wasn't coming back. And that is why I am sitting in the bath of red, once again. Slowly slipping into unconsciousness.