"Wait, wait. Wait. Hey, hey, hey." Sam says. She stops, sighs and turns around. "Get in the car." He gestures to the woods with his head. She hears his urgency and complies. Sam exhales deeply. He opens the boot of the car, seeing all the weapons. "Wow." He props the boot up with a shotgun and takes a pistol.

      He cocks it, puts it back and instead takes another shotgun. He cocks it and closes the boot. In the car, Robin sighs nervously. In the woods, Sam walks with his shotgun aimed. He passes a tree and does not see that his lookalike, the shooter from the hotel, is standing behind it. The lookalike walks up behind him and puts a gun to the back of his head.

       Sam freezes, then turns around quickly. The lookalike—Soulless Sam grabs Sam's shotgun and hits him in the head with the gun. He empties the shotgun of shells. "My God. Am I really that gawky?" He throws the shotgun on the ground. "Howdy."

       Sam is shocked. "This is impossible." He says.

       "Cold. Try again."

        "I'm uh- I'm hallucinating." Says Sam.

       "Warmer. But see, normally, you're awake when you're tripping balls." Soulless Sam says.

       "I'm dreaming?"

       "And someone just won a copy of the home game. We're inside your grapefruit, Sam." Soulless Sam says. "Son, you've been juiced."

       "I-I don't remember anything." Sam says.

        "Well, your BFF Cas brought the Hell-wall tumbling down and you, pathetic infant that you are, shattered into pieces." Soulless Sam points at Sam. "Piece." He points at himself. "Piece."

       "I - I have no idea what you're talking about." Says Sam.

       "Why would you? You're jello, pal. Unlike me." Soulless Sam says.

       "What are you?"

       "I'm not handicapped. I'm not saddled with a soul. In fact, I used to skipper this meatboat for a while. It was smooth sailing. I was sharp, strong. That is, 'til they crammed your soul back in." Soulless Sam says. "Now look at you. Same misty-eyed milksop you always were. That's because souls are weak. They're a liability. Now, nothing personal, but run the numbers. Someone's got to take charge around here, before it's too late." He cocks his gun. Sam runs. He shoots after Sam but misses. Sam runs. Soulless Sam follows. Sam has a pistol. "Come out, come out, wherever you are." Sam runs.

       He hides behind a rock next to a tree near a stream. Soulless Sam appears. Sam ducks. Soulless Sam sees Sam's jacket behind the rock. He shoots three times. He walks up to the rock and sees that Sam isn't there, only his jacket. Suddenly, Sam, from behind, shoots Soulless Sam. The bullet goes through his chest. Soulless Sam falls to the ground and groans.

       "You think I'm bad? Wait 'til you meet the other one." Soulless Sam dies. A bright light comes out of the body and Sam absorbs it. In the Panic Room, Sam, still unconscious, convulses.

       "Sammy! Sam!" Dean puts a hand on Sam's chest. Sam is still.

       Back in the dreamscape, Sam walks back to the road, where Robin is standing next to the car. "I remember who I am. Everything I did this past year. And I remember you." Sam says.

      We see Sam's memory of Robin. Sometime during Sam's soulless year, he was at the bar and had a run-in with a crossroads demon. The demon is holding a terrified Robin with a knife to her neck. Sam approaches with a gun. "Walk away or the girl dies."

      Sam shoots Robin in the stomach. She dies. She demon looks at Sam in shock. "There goes your leverage." Sam shoots the crossroads demon.

      Back in the dreamscape, blood seeps through Robin's shirt by her stomach. "Didn't I tell you to turn back, that you wouldn't like what you found?" She asks.

      "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Sam says.

       "Not as sorry as you're gonna be." Robin disappears.

BOBBY'S PANIC ROOM
[ TIME UNKNOWN ]

       Sam is unconscious. Dean sits near him, a glass of whisky in his hand. "Look what the cat dragged in." Bobby is standing with Balthazar outside the door of the Panic Room. Dean gets up.

       "Well, at least you mudfish finally got the angel-proofing right." Balthazar points to Sam. "How's Sleeping Beauty? You didn't steal any kisses, I trust?"

       "What the hell took you so long?" Dean walks up to Balthazar. Bobby stands a step behind Dean.

       "Honestly? I was having second thoughts." Balthazar says.

       "About?" Elena asks.

        "About whether to help you. I was thinking maybe... Maybe I should rip out your sticky bits instead." Balthazar says.

       "And what did you decide?" Bobby asks.

       "Well..." Balthazar pulls out a piece of paper and hands it to Dean. "Cas and Crowley are there. That's where the show gets started."

       Dean opens the paper and shows Bobby. On it is an address in Bootback, Kansas. "Alright, well give us a minute to pack up and then zap us there." He says.

       "Oh, no, no, no, no. I don't think so."

       "Balthazar." Says Dean.

       "I'm betraying a friend here. A very powerful friend. We all are. So I think I've stuck my neck out far enough already. Good luck." Balthazar disappears.

CROWLEY'S LAB
[ TIME UNKNOWN ]

       Castiel sits. Crowley walks in carrying a jar of blood. "Your Purgatory power-shake, Monsieur." He gives it to Castiel. "Half monster, half virgin."

       "Thank you." Castiel says.

       "You seem even more constipated than usual. Maybe get you some Colonblow?" Crowley says.

       "I'm renegotiating our terms." Castiel says.

       "Is that so? What terms do you propose?"

       "You get nothing. Not one single soul." Castiel says.

       "Can't help notice, seems a bit unfairly weighted." Crowley says and Castiel doesn't answer. "Castiel. You wouldn't dare. I brought you this deal."

      "You think I'm handing all that power to the king of Hell? I'm neither stupid nor wicked." Castiel says

       "Unbelievable. Have you forgotten that you're the bottom in this relationship?"

       "Here are your options. You either flee, or you die." Castiel says.

       "We made a pact. Even I don't break contracts like this."

      "Flee, or die." Repeats Cas.

       Crowley scoffs. "Boy, just can't trust anyone these days." Crowley disappears.