18

( SOULLESS )

     Dean is looking through some of Samuel's belongings in his office. Christian comes in and sees him. "You lost, Dean?" He asks.

      "Had to make a phone call. Just needed some privacy." Dean says.

      "Oh." Christian says. "Samuel's locked office is pretty private."

       "Wasn't locked." Dean says.

       "Who you calling?"

       "Your wife." Dean says. "Let her know I'm not gonna make it over tonight."

       "You know, I've tried playing nice, Dean, but I think I'm done." Christian says.

       "Wait, are you trying to tell me that you're a bigger knob than you've been letting on?" Dean asks.

       "I'm the guy who's been here, doing my job. Who are you? You think we need you here? You walk around like you're playing pro tennis. Only action you seen lately is between your slut girlfriend's legs." Christian says as Dean punches him. Elena happens to pass by and storms over to the men. "You sure you want to come with us tomorrow? Accidents happen."

      "Hey, knock it off." Elena says.

      "Hmm. Don't worry, man. I got your back." Dean says. He walks out angrily and Elena follows after him. She is soon stopped by Samuel.

      "Hey, I want to talk to you two." He says and leads them to where everyone else is. "We're going out tomorrow and we need all hands on deck. And that means we only need the best fighters on field."

      Elena crosses her arms and realizes what he's trying to say. "Are you suggesting that I stay behind?" She asks while squinting her eyes.

      "I'm not suggesting anything." Samuel says. "I'm telling you."

      "Woah woah woah." Dean holds up his hands. "She's coming."

      "Not if I say so."

       "Besides, what can Polly Pocket do, make reservations?" Christian asks as he and Gwen laugh.

      "This is a family mission." Christian says.

      "For your information, before we even knew we had a family, Elena was by our side. We have all been to Hell and back together...literally." Dean says. "So before you kick her to the curb, remember this. She is our family. If she doesn't go, neither do we." Sam stands by Dean's side and crosses his arms, obvious agreeing with him.

      "Alright." Samuel says and rolls his eyes. Elena mouths a 'thank you' to Dean and Sam.

WILDERNESS
[ ☼ ]

      "The house is just over the hill. About a dozen vamps and the alpha. We got one shot at this son of a bitch." Samuel says. "Christian, take flank. The rest of you are with me and Sam. Dean and Elena, Gwen... hang back, sweep any stragglers we flush out. Problem, Dean?"

      "No, sir." Dean says.

       "I'm in the rear with the rejects?" Gwen says.

      "All right, let's go." Samuel says.

      "Don't worry. It's fine." Sam says.

      "No, nothing's fine. You're not fine. Go. Go."