20. The Dragonfly

BTW that is the first pic of Matt from the set of Gilmore Girls Seasons!

[Rory]

"Whoa what happened to you guys?"

"Oh you know, just dancing in the rain," I can tell by my mom's expression that she's surprised to see us soaked to the bone and stumbling into her Inn so late.

"It's raining? When did that happen?" She asked as she opened the door to check for herself.

"All evening just about, started pouring before we ever even made it out of Luke's," the chattering of my teeth made it hard to get the last bit out. Geeze, mom has the AC cranked up in here. The fact that I'm sopping wet doesn't help at all.

Logan must have noticed how cold I was because next thing I knew his arms were wrapped around me from behind. He began rubbing his hands along my arms trying to warm me from the friction. Little does he know by merely being this close to me sets me ablaze. Oh god. I've got it bad.....again.

"How did I not notice this?" Mom asks, waving her hand around at the rain.

"Well from the looks of it I'd say you were knee deep in baby books," the whole reception desk was covered in them.

"Yeah well you're twenty-five so I'm a little out of practice," turning around to come back inside, I catch the confused face she made seeing how he was wrapped around me. "So, you guys aren't going to try to drive back in this tonight are you?"

"Actually, I was hoping you might have a couple rooms available for the night. I'd rather not risk it driving in this if-"

I must admit, it stung hearing him ask for two rooms. I know how silly I'm being, especially given the fact that we aren't even together. ..I don't know what we are to be honest. I'm glad he's behind me so he can't see the hurt that must have flashed on my face. Just as I recover my composure, my mom has already cut him off.

"Oh of course Logan, you and Rory are more than welcome to stay here tonight! We had a couple of cancellations so I've got two rooms empty. They're yours if you want em'," Mom offered, already grabbing the keys off of the hooks.

I could tell she was please he asked for two rooms rather than just one. Now if only I could be just as pleased. Hmph.

"Thanks you so much, Lorelai. You're a real lifesaver," he says as he reaches out to take the keys. "It was really nice seeing you again. Pregnancy definitely agrees with you."

I can see my mom blushing. Oh my. Maybe she is warming up to his charms already.

"It was nice seeing you too, Logan and aren't you so sweet. I'm no psychic but I feel like I might be seeing you again soon," she teases as she wiggles her eyebrows at me.

Pregnancy sure has given her some bizarre mood swings. I can feel Logan laughing against my back as I can't help but giggle as well.

"Alright mom, we're gonna go to our rooms. I know I need a good hot shower and I'm sure he does too," I tell her as we edge towards the stairs.

"Oh right, God you must be freezing! I'll see if I can find you guys some clean dry clothes and I'll leave them in your rooms. Okay um well goodnight! Come see me before you leave in the morning," she orders as she waves us up the stairs.

"Will do, goodnight!"

"Goodnight and thanks again," Logan hollers over his shoulder as we reach the top.

"Don't mention it."

"So," Logan says as he hands me one of the keys. "I know you said you wanted to shower but maybe after, if you're not too tired that is, we could watch a movie? I know I saw that some channel was going to be playing some old Audrey Hepburn films tonight and just thought-"