13. Unexpected

[Rory]

"Are you gonna invite me in, Ace?"

"I-uh-yeah come on in," I stutter, feeling the familiar burn of blush in my cheeks.

He smoothly maneuvered through the sea of roses to stand in the middle of the room, a smirk playing on his lips.

"You did this? For me? Why? I've been nothing but a b.itch to you and yet you still do this. I'm speechless Logan, I-"

"Ace, you deserve this and so much more. I say we put the past in the past. We're both adults here. What do you say we start over? As friends? Get to know who eachother has become over the last few years," his voice has a hopeful tone that kind of makes my heart swell.

This has all caught me off guard. I woke up this morning thinking it would be a normal day. Now I'm standing here in my living room full of roses with my biggest 'What If' staring at me, asking to start anew.

"I guess we can..." I agree as my stomach does a few flips. Plopping down onto an open spot on the couch, I pat the spot next to me.

Logan chuckles as he works his way to the couch and sits beside me, his side brushing against mine making my head spin...or maybe it's from all of these roses, who knows.

"So, what have you been up to Ace? I mean besides running out on interviews with powerful CEO's," he laughs as he stretches his arm across the back of the couch behind me.

"Umm well, I've been working at The Times for about two years. I've only just started getting bylines on the front page, quite an accomplishment if I do say so myself."

"Yes, I'm impressed Ace. Not bad for a small town girl from Stars Hollow. I always knew you had it in you," he smirked at me, pride in his voice.

"Would you like some wine?" I offer, knowing I definitely need something to calm my nerves.

"That'd be great actually," he accepts with accepts small smile.

Getting up I find a bottle in the kitchen and two wine glasses and carry them back to the coffee table. I pour some wine into both glasses and hand one to him as he thanks me. I sip mine as I take my seat again.

"What about you?" I ask him.

"Well let's see....after everything that happened," his eyes flickered up to my face as he cleared his throat. "I flew out to California to meet with that tech company. Once I joined their team, the company just took off. It wasn't too long before the board made me CEO and the rest is history."

His eye crinkling grin tells me that his past few years have been good to him.

[Logan]

I'm hiding the pain of these last few years behind a smile, hoping the lighting in here is dim enough for Rory not to notice. The wine should help with that as well. If memory serves me right, she is quite the lightweight.

Honestly I expected her to shut the door in my face earlier. Instead now I am seated beside the woman who holds my heart in her hands.

"Enough about me, how's your mom?" I ask her.

"She is actually about six months pregnant."

"No way!" I exclaim.

"Yes way, she and Luke worked everything out after I left for the campaign trail. They've been married for almost two years now," she boasts with a proud smile on her face.

"Are you excited to be a big sister?"

"Yes! I mean I'm kind of bummed that they are in Stars Hollow and I'm here in the city but I'm still so excited!" Her giddiness is adorable, it's taking all of my self control not to fall back into our old habits and just lean over and kiss her.

"Boy or girl?" I ask just to keep her on the subject she is so passionate about.

"Boy believe it or not. Luke is ecstatic. My mom seems a little nervous what with only ever having raised a girl before.."

She kept talking for what felt like hours all about her family and Stars Hollow while I just smiled and nodded my head. I could listen to her voice all night. I've missed this. This feels almost as it did before when we were together.

I don't know if it's the wine or my lack of self control but I suddenly find myself leaning towards Rory, my hand softly caressing her cheek. Leaning further still, my eyes flick from hers to her lips and back again. She doesn't stop me.

Next thing I know, her lips are softly brushing against mine.

If you want a double update please vote and comment!!