16. Problematic

[Logan]

I can't stop singing to every song on the radio as I drive from Stars Hollow to Hartford. This is what Rory does to me. She is my sunshine on a cloudy day.

I thought the drive might have been at least a little bit awkward given what happened last night but it wasn't at all. It felt like we slipped back into how comfortable we used to be with one another. It felt amazing.

When I dropped her off, I didn't let her get out of the car until she caved and agreed to let me take her to dinner tonight and if the weather holds out, drive back to New York after. She agreed on the condition that we go to Luke's to eat. I'll admit, that's probably the best place we could go since she will be in comfort zone and as relaxed as she can be. I'm going to be a nervous wreck no matter where we go.

I really hope she can feel the spark that is still there between us because I sure as hell can. Especially after last night.....

Ugh, I can't think about that, I'm about to see my sister and I can't show up with a tent in my pants. Think: dead puppies, Jess, Rory's grandmother Emily.....ah that worked.

God last night was amazing though. I was so scared she was going to regret what we did but she certainly isn't acting like it. She even gave me a quick kiss as she got out of the car. I'd say we are definitely in the right track. I will make her mine again, I just know it.

*ding ding*

Ooh a text message, maybe it's Rory.

Pulling into Honor's driveway and parking, I open up the message:

To:Logan
From:Nadine

Hey babe, why weren't you home last night? I wanted to make up for that little disagreement we had at work 😘

Oh no. I can feel my breakfast wanting to come back up. I thought I made it clear to Nadine I didn't want to be with her anymore? What was she thinking going by my place?

*ding ding*

To:Logan
From:Nadine

I had to sleep all alone in your big bed waiting for you and guess what? I forgot my pj's again so you know exactly what that means babe and you missed out. My place tonight??

(A/n that's who is playing Nadine, Archie Panjabi

(A/n that's who is playing Nadine, Archie Panjabi. You may recognize her if you've watched The Good Wife)

No. Oh hell no. This needs to stop. Thank God Rory wasn't with me when I got these texts. Why do I always pick the crazy ones? I mean aside from Rory that is.

To:Nadine
From:Logan

Stop. We talked about this. What we had was....nice while it lasted but it needs to be done. We both knew this wasn't going anywhere. I wont be going to your place tonight or any other night. Please leave my apartment. Don't make this harder than it needs to be.

I know I am probably coming off like an a.sshole but she has to know this is over. Just the thought of being with Nadine again makes my skin crawl.

*ding ding*

To:Logan
From:Nadine

You're going to regret this.

To:Nadine
From:Logan

Doubt it.