"Who died and made you boss?" Dean asks.

HIGHWAY
[ ☼ ]

       A cop, Toby, is parked on the side of a road. A car speeds by, clocking 70 mph. "Well, now, you could do better than that." He settles back to pour some booze into a giant-sized plastic convenience store cup. His cellphone rings. "Why are you calling me? He's dead, right? That's it. Now, I don't want to talk about it. We do what we do—we go to work, we go to the funeral. Calm down. This is nothing to do with you and me. You're just working yourself up. Don't call me." Hangs up. "Idiot."

      Something crashes through the branches toward the cop car. Boils break out on the his face and hands. "God! God! Dispatch, this is—Please, I—I need... Please." Toby chokes and stills.

STREET
[ ☼ ]

       Sam is in a suit, is leaning against his car and reading some reports. Dean drives up in the Impala and exits it in the midst of a phone conversation. He is also in a suit. "Ben...I know you're lying. Because I lie professionally, that's how. Now tell your mom that you broke the damn thing and take it like a man. Okay? Ok—okay." He hangs up.

      "Wow." Sam says.

       "What?" Asks Dean.

       "You—molding the minds of tomorrow. Who knew?" Sam asks.

       "Yeah, tell me about it."

       "How'd it go?" Sam asks.

       "With?" Dean asks.

       "You and Lisa. How'd she take it when you bailed?" Sam asks.

       "Shockingly cool, actually."

      "Better for everybody." Says Sam.

      "Yeah, I suppose. Still driving the plastic piece of crap, huh?" Dean asks.

       "What's your mileage, again?" Asks Sam.

      "Shut up."

POLICE STATION
[ ☼ ]

       Sam briefs Dean as they walk through the station to the morgue. "Officer Gerald Hatch, 17-year veteran, found dead in the ready room three days ago." He says.

       Dean reads the file. "Whoa. Somebody was over-hydrated." He says.

       Sam laughs. "Basically, yeah. The guy just...liquefied. Most of the meat, bones, dense tissues—they just turned to blood." He says.

       "Okay, I don't get it." Dean says.

       "Nobody gets it." Sam points out.

       "No. I mean, I get that." Dean says. "I'm saying, if the guy was a mop job, then what are we doing in the morgue? What's left of him to look at?"

       "Not here to look at him. Here." Sam opens a drawer, revealing the boils-covered cop.

      "Ooh. Bad news." Dean says.

      "Officer Toby Gray. They just brought him in. Found him dead in his patrol car, sitting at a speed trap on the outside of town."

       "Extreme allergic reaction." Dean reads.

       "Yeah. Boils. Covered from head to toe." Sam says.

       "Yeah, on the inside, too. It says his airways are chock full of them." Dean says. "This startin' to look a little witchy to you?"