Chapter Ten

After going on a few more rides with my dad, we checked in at a hotel. We had a room with two single beds as my dad said that he didn't want me to have a room on my own because he didn't think it was safe. As soon as we got into the room I collapsed on one of the beds and closed my eyes.

"Tired?"my dad asked. "I guess you could say that," I replied and sat up. He put our bags down and sat down on his bed with the room service menu in his hand.

"What do you want for tea?" he asked me. "Whatever."

"Well, I'll order a pizza then. Don't tell your foster parents about all the crap I've given you to eat," he told me and I giggled.

"I won't." I took my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it. No new messages. My heart sank. I missed Caiden so much. I went onto our most recent text conversation. It was over a week ago.

GREEN EYES

CAIDEN

Guess what?

What?

I made waffles

Caiden,it's 11pm

And I have your favourite film

You'd better get your butt round to my house then!

I smiled at the text messages and sighed.

"Why don't you call him?" my dad suggested. I looked up at him and he smiled.

"Ring Caiden," he encouraged. I looked back down at my phone and decided that he was right. I should ring him.

Whilst making my way into the bathroom, I tapped on Caiden's number then put the phone to my ear, shutting the door behind me. After three rings he picked up.

"Hello?" he spoke. I took a deep breath as I realised that he hadn't checked the caller ID.

"Caiden," I said. There was a pause.

"Green eyes."

"Hi," I whispered as I felt my eyes fill with tears.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm at Alton Towers with my dad."

"Great. Uh...why'd you call?"

"Because I wanted to hear your voice," I said and tears spilled down my cheeks.

"Oh, Lexi."

"I'm sorry, Caiden. Please don't be mad at me? I miss you so much. I hate that we haven't spoken all week."

"I miss you too. And you're not getting rid of me that easily. Now stop crying, silly. What hotel are you staying in?"

"Uh...I don't know. I'll text you the address. Why?"

"Because it's free hugs Saturday." I laughed and wiped most of my tears away.

"You don't have to come, Caiden. It's late. I'll see you tomorrow."

"I want to come."

"Okay.I'll text you the address."

"Wait. What's going on?" my dad said from the other side of the bathroom door. "Caiden's coming here tonight," I replied. "That's not a good idea, Alexis. It's late and it's not safe."

I sighed, knowing that my dad was right. "Caiden, I'll just see you tomorrow," I said. He sighed and I could tell that he was annoyed. He was still slightly wary of my dad.

"Okay, Lex. Goodbye." I hung up the phone and pulled the bathroom door open, frowning at my dad.

"I'm just keeping both of you safe. You'd be devastated if something happened to him," he pointed out and I shrugged.

"He's everything to me, Dad," I replied. He smiled and walked over to me. He tucked some of my hair behind my ear and looked into my eyes.

"When I was your age, I was in love with your mum. I couldn't see myself being with anyone else but her. They say that thirteen is too young to be in love but I knew it wasn't. Alexis, I'm not going to tell you what you're feeling because it's your job to work that out. But I know that you love Caiden a lot. And I have no right to play the over-protective dad so I'm going to be here for you when you work out exactly how you feel about Caiden. He loves you a lot and so do I," my dad explained.

"I think...I think I love him." My dad smiled sympathetically and pulled me into a hug. I don't really know why but I just started crying.

"It's okay, sweetheart. I've got you. Daddy's right here," my dad soothed which caused me to sob even more. I was in love with Caiden.

Once I had stopped crying, my dad ordered pizza and switched the television on.

"I was thinking that I could take you to my house in London next weekend. I could pick you up from school on Friday then bring you back to Gloucester on Sunday afternoon," my dad told me.

"Yeah, that sounds great," I replied as I ate another slice of pizza.

"I think it'll be a good opportunity for you to get used to the house and get to know Jasmine. We're decorating your bedroom at the moment and it should be finished by next weekend."

"Great. I can't wait," I replied and grinned. He smiled at me before turning his attention back to the television.

I was so happy to finally have my dad in my life. I could tell that he really cared about me. Soon I would be living in London with him. I didn't know what that meant for my friendship with Caiden but first I needed to tell him how I felt. It could ruin our relationship but I couldn't just keep this to myself. Caiden and my dad were the only people who I felt like I could trust one-hundred per cent. I didn't want to lose Caiden but I had to tell him that I loved him.

I got changed into my pyjamas in the bathroom then went back into the bedroom. My dad was now wearing a pair of grey joggers and a white t-shirt. I smiled at him and walked over to my bed. He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug.

"I love you, Alexis. You're my little princess," he spoke quietly and kissed my hair.

"I love you too, Dad." He let go of me and smiled before walking over to his own bed. I got into my bed and snuggled into the pillow.

"Goodnight, Angel," my dad said and turned off the lights.