chapter five: you smell just like bradley

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Anger replaced Warren's bewilderment. Has Bradley been visiting him all this time only to see his baby brother? How long have they been together? How long has Bradley been using Warren to see his baby brother? As the assumptive thoughts took over, Warren's internal rage amplified with jealousy. What is so special about Tray anyway? Absolutely nothing is interesting about Tray. What could Bradley see in—

Warren's bedroom door handle wiggles, so he quickly exits out of the photos and tosses Bradley's phone back to where it was before his door got opened by Bradley.

Bradley enters with his sleeping bag and pillow and lays down.

Warren blurts, "Bradley, we're friends, aren't we?"

"Of course, we are," Bradley replies.

"If you had a special person in your life, you'd tell me, wouldn't you?"

Bradley sits up. "Yeah, I would. What's up, man?"

"Nothing, really." Warren remains facing his ceiling.

"No, tell me what's wrong."

"You've been acting different."

"Different how?"

"I don't know.... happier?"

"I have?"

"Yeah, you have."

Bradley grins to himself. He hadn't realized he changed so much. "I had no idea."

"Well, do you?"

"Do I what?"

"Do you have a girlfriend or something?"

"As a matter of fact, I do."

"Oh?" Warren turns his head to look at him. "Why didn't you tell me about her?"

Bradley shrugs, smirking, "Since when did you care about who I date?"

"If we're going to be friends, we should be open with each other, don't you think?"

Bradley agreed, "Yeah. I'm sorry for not telling you."

"Are you ever going to introduce me to her? I'd like to meet the lady who has made you go soft," Warren teases.

Bradley chuckles, "Sure. I'll introduce you to her tomorrow."

"Bradley, I'm sorry for earlier about asking if Tray was your boyfriend."

"It's okay, War."

◇◆◇◆

The following day, Bradley came back to Warren's after going to his house and getting more clothes and knocked.

Warren opened the door and looked around. "Where is she at?"

"I'm going to show you her," Bradley answers, walking by him. Warren instantly noticed that he brought his laptop with him. Bradley sits down and opens his laptop, turning it on. "Come here."

Warren sits next to Bradley and sees him open Skype. He chortles, "Seriously?"

"We're dating long distance. She lives in Australia." He videocalls her and she answers within a minute.

"Hey, baby," a brown-eyed, Aboriginal girl greets Bradley on the screen.

"Hey," Bradley greets back. "Kala, this is my good friend Warren. Warren, this is Kala," he introduces them.