chapter two: being my boyfriend

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

My brother's best friend, Bradley, always came over after school to play videogames with him. Bradley always beat my brother, Warren, which he took to heart constantly and vied to beat Bradley some day.

As I ran through my flashcards, which covered chapter one and two of one-dimensional motion and two-dimensional motion for my general physics college course, Bradley kept teasing me as he was playing another round of Mortal Kombat with Warren.

"You're such a nerd," he said, "You're the only sophomore I know that chose such a hard college course to get ahead."

"Physics isn't a hard course for me," I scanned another flashcard and flipped to the next, "It's very mathematical, so it comes pretty easy to me."

"I'm more of a history person."

"I hate history," I grumbled, as I scanned the next card. I struggled with it because my history teacher was incompetent. Whenever a classmate asked a question, she would immediately look it up on Google. Additionally, she never covered topics thoroughly or efficiently. She just handed the class packets every week and expected it to be completed by Friday. Lastly, she graded assignments mostly on completion, except for quizzes and tests. I was passing with flying colors, because I studied beyond the material covered.

"History is the reason why we are able to do things though," Bradley argued, "Had it not been for history, we wouldn't learn from our mistakes."

"Fair," I responded, "Though, I don't hate history itself. I hate learning it and I hate my class this year." 

"Welp, your statement lacked clarity," he pointed out. 

I rolled my eyes and chortled. "True."

My brother paused the game, "Are you going to focus on the game or my nerdy brother? You're my company."

"Sorry, man," he chuckled, "Mad you're losing, even though I'm not entirely focused?"

"Shut up."

Bradley grinned in mischief and unpaused the game, and made my brother's life bar decrease drastically.

"You're a cheater!"

"Should've kept focus, War."

I laughed in amusement at Bradley's wittiness. Bradley was the kind of person that knew how to argue and is always prepared to toss a quip at anyone. He's also a pacifist and would never resort to physical violence against others. He said he, quote on quote, 'fights with his words but never his fists'.

Once Bradley landed another K.O. on my brother, Warren said, "I have to pick up my aunt real quick from the bus station downtown."

"Your aunt whose car got towed last week?"

"Yeah," Warren groaned, "I've been her chauffeur for the past five days." He puts on his jacket and grabbed his keys from the key rack. "I'll be back soon."

Once my brother left, I ceased what I'm doing and hopped on Bradley's lap. He pulled my face upward and kissed me.

"I missed you, Tray," he murmured, embracing me.

"But, you see me everyday," I laughed.

He kissed my forehead. "You know what I mean. Since we're seeing each other secretly, I can't be open. Like, I gotta pretend I only see you as my best bud's little brother."

Guilt crept up on me. "I'm sorry," I apologized, "I'm just not ready for everyone to know yet."

"But, who cares if everyone knows?" he caressed my face, "We like each other. We care about each other. Why let others stop us from displaying that?"