I was hopin' by the time I was done she would drop the subject or at least just forget about it but of course that wasn't the case. When I turned to dump the glass in the trash I seen her still starin' at me, quietly waitin' on an answer.

"Why you all of a sudden wanna know about this?"I questioned tryna buy myself mo' time.

"Because.."She looked down at her cereal."Kay have a daddy so I want one too."

I sighed,"Treasure you do have a daddy."

"Well why he neva' hea'?"I could see her eyes tearing up which made me feel bad.

"Because..."I tried to think of somethin'."Because he left."

"He didn't wanna be hea'?"Her frown deepened.

"He did!"I answered quickly, not wantin' to ruin August's image."He did but he had to go work in Spain."

"Oh."I saw a short look of relief on her face."So why he neva' call?"

"Spain don't have phone service."I lied.

"Oh."She nodded and started eatin' again."He comin' back soon?"

"Yeah."I cleared my throat."Soon."

So with that bein' said the conversation ended. I thought I'd be happy with that but I wasn't. I wanted her to ask mo' questions so that I could jus' blurt it out already. I neva' expected her to ask me that question so young and as you seen I wasn't no whea' near prepared to answer.

Afta' yesterday's events at the photoshoot I realized August was in a totally different world from us. He told me when he leaves today he has to do two club appearances and another photoshoot for a magazine. You tell me whea' a child would fit into that typa' schedule.

While ironin' my uniform I heard Amiyah honk her horn outside. I peaked out of the window to make sure it was her car and when I seen it was I yelled for Treasure to grab all of her stuff.

Usually I would walk her to her bus stop to catch the school bus but today Amiyah offered to bring her to school.

I sat the iron down and walked to my livin' room to get Treasure. She turned the tv off and came ova' to the door with me. I opened it and waved to Amiyah tellin' her Treasure was comin' down.

"Go ahead and have fun learning,"I laughed then kissed her forehead.

"Okay. Love you mama."She carefully started goin' down the steps.

"Love you too and tell your Auntie Amiyah to call me."

"Okay!"

I watched her walk all the way down and get into the car befo' I shut the door and locked it.

Goin' back into my room I noticed my phone ringin' on my bed. I picked it up expectin' it be Amiyah but it was actually Chandra, Kayden's mom.

"Hello?"

"Yeah, Hazel?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, good mawnin' girl. I know you probably wonderin' what I'm callin' so early for."

"A lil bit but imma assume it has somethin' to do with these girls we got."