memories

(Time skip, and Belarus)

I hope I hadn't scared her.

The next morning I woke up practically before dawn and she was still asleep. as I stepped out of the tent I saw her brother cleaning one of his guns by the fire.
"early riser?" he asked, not looking up from his work. I said nothing but sat at the fire. I stared into the depth of the flame, then noticed he was too.
"I am Switz-" he began, but I interrupted him,
"I know, Switzerland, human name, Vash," I said, looking at him, I didn't mean to give him a sharp look, but I think I did. He shrank slightly under my gaze, as most do. I continued to question him, "Who was the one with the violin bow in your picture?" His face changed to slight regret. "Roderich. He is Roderich." He answered, looking embarrassed. He was talking about Austria, I had heard of him, he was married to Hungary, but they broke up. I don't think they married for love, though, I mean, they surely got along very well, and they must have been very close. But Austria is quite blatantly gay.
"Who is he to you?" I asked,
"Was!" Switzerland corrected, now blushing.
Significant other,maybe?
"Ah, ok." We fell silent. He then asked me,
"Why were you in the forest?"
"This is my forest. I come here to be alone, but I found your sister, so I helped her."
"I know that much." He responded sternly, "I meant why did you want to be alone?"
I remembered what happened the night before,
Freak
Yandere
Childish fantasy world.
Psycho
Alone
Hero

The memories flurried through my mind, and I cried. Not sobbed. Just, tears rolling down.
"Hey, are you crying? Why are you sad?" I heard him ask me,
"No, just.... my God I don't even know. Everything's just blowing up you know." I chuckled lightly, he nodded. A bit later Emlyn walked out of the tent, Vash fussing with her for sleeping in uniform. I smiled at the two of them, they were a small family. But they were warmer than the huge family I once had. Then again, it was forced and cold during the times in the Soviet bloc.
"Good morning Emlyn." I said, smiling,
"Good morning Belarus."