photographs

(Belarus pov)

The story Emlyn told was sweet. A tale of a girl who breaks the stereotype. I closed my eyes and could imagine the dragon's fire red, orange, and gold scales. It's burning green eyes, and it's mountain of loot.

"Hey, are you asleep?" I heard her ask,
"No. I'm imagining," I told her. I opened my eyes to see her smiling at me.
"So, what did you think?" She asked,
"Nice story. I liked it." I said simply. She nodded and then bolted up,
"Have you had dinner yet?" She asked, walking toward the tent exit. I shook my head, "no, why?" I asked.
"I'll go see if we still have any soup and potatoes." She said, exiting the tent and skittering towards her brother's.

While she was gone I looked around the tent. It was big enough for three people, which made it strange that Liechtenstein was in here alone. I noticed a photograph taped to one of the tent walls, it had Emlyn, her brother, and someone who had been cut out of the photo, only an arm was visible. They had a plum purple coat on, with golden cuff buttons. They had one arm over the brother's shoulder, and in their hand was a violin bow. I picked it up off the wall, careful not to tear any of the tape or paper.

"That's mien bruder, me, and a guy I don't remember." I heard from behind, I turned around to see Liechtenstein standing there holding two bowls of steaming soup. I took one of the bowls and sat with the photograph, studying it.
"Your hair was long in this picture." I noticed.
"Y-yes. But I cut it short the next year. Bruder was mad a bit, and people mistook me for a boy until I got this ribbon." She blushed a little.
"I think it looks nice the way it is now," I said, looking back at the photo. She giggled, it reminded me of sleigh-bells and Christmas snowfall.
"Thank you, Natalia." She said.  I looked up to see her smiling down at her soup.
"No need, only being honest." I smiled, something I haven't really done in a while.