Matter

Just to get you guys a little more interactive, here is some questions;

Question 1: What character do you dislike most and why?

Question 2: What do y'all want to happen for Kelly and Cari?

~ Cari ~

"What's wrong with you, I understand you're still a student but don't assume death until a minute after the fourth shock." a nurse said, pushing the timid looking student out the room.

"Clear," was shouted for the fourth time before the sound of body to metal connection clanked again.

It seemed like it was dead silent waiting for sixty seconds to pass and it felt like everything was in slow motion from the few faces I could see's mouths dropping and Joanna's sedated turn to look back, which gave me the opportunity to jet past her, behind the curtain just as small beeps came from the monitor.

I sighed of relief, leaning down to kiss his cheek while his eyes slightly opened.

"Surgery, now." I heard commanded before Kelly was rushed from under me.

"Mrs. Oubre," Dr. Eaton gave me a stern look as I wiped my wet cheeks.

"It was my husband, what did y'all expect me to do?" I shrugged.

"We'll make sure he gets top care, don't worry." Eaton wrapped an arm around my shoulder and patted my back before exiting.

I always loved Dr. Eaton, he was like my at work dad, and often gave me advice when it came to relationships since he'd been with his wife over thirty years. If it wasn't for him, I probably would've been divorced by now.

*

I yawned for the third time this morning, fixing the pillow behind Kelly's head, making sure he was comfortable.

"You tryna help me, you need some sleep yourself." Kelly slurred from the fifty medications they had him on.

"I'm fine. What do you want for Christmas?" I asked, standing up straight.

"You can't do something for me?" his long fingers reached for the hem of my scrubs.

I knew what he meant by that and slapped his hand away, becoming more irritated than need be.

"No. I know the kids and everyone are up by now and I wanna go home. What do you want?"

"You didn't spend my birthday with me, you know that?" he looked up to me and I sighed.

"You about to get your feelings hurt in 3...2-"

"Okay okay, I want all my kids here for a few hours, family too I guess. I want a cake, and not no store bought shit, I want you to make it like you used to."

"And?" I felt one of my eyebrows twitch up.

"And I want us to have a serious conversation, one on one, about us."

"I'm tired of talking. I want actions Kelly and you know that."

"I understand-"

"Do you?"

I shook my head, ignoring him call my name, and walked out the room.

I clocked out from over eighteen hours and went out to my soccer mom car as everyone likes to call it.